Chapter Thirteen - Family

Anne's POV

"He just left." said Cole for the fifteenth time.

"Yes."

"Hmmm." said Cole again and finally he stayed quiet.

"Yup."

"FOR REAL NOW?" shouted Cole annoyed and I actually fell of my chair in fear.

"Calm down." I said as I rubbed my head.

"This is going so wrong." said Cole with a scowl.

"Why?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"How can you possibly call your kid after me, when you act this way?" asked Cole with a frown.

"Okay, you need to drink some tea." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"So. You are going back to being the fake you?" asked Cole from the living room.

"That's the thing. How do you know it's the fake me?" I asked as I waited for the water to warm up.

"Because, nobody changes that much and I can see the real you." said Cole and I nodded in understanding as I pour the warm water in the cup.

"I don't know, Cole. I mean... It's not that horrible." I said as I added the teabag.

"Anne. You're not being yourself. How is that not terrible?" snapped Cole as I took out the teabag and went towards the fridge to take some milk.

"I'm a teenager. No teenager knows who they're yet. Maybe, I'm figuring out." I said as I poured the milk and put it back in the fridge.

"I know who you are." said Cole as I gave him, his tea and sat down in front of him.

"I don't even know. How do you?" I asked as I started to eat the chocolate cookies I baked earlier that day and out on the table in front of me.

"Today is Saturday and you are sitting at four in the afternoon talking about some guy that you said you don't care about..." said Cole and I nodded.

"You started it."

"You could've ended the conversation if you wanted to." said Cole and I rolled my eyes.

"You wouldn't have let me." I said and Cole laughed.

"I would if you told me."

"... I don't care about him."

"Then, why didn't you take the chance that I gave you and stopped talking about him?" asked Cole and I eye rolled.

"I'm going to help myself with some juice." I said as I stood up.

"Bring me a piece of pie." said Cole and I laughed.

"I don't want Pye in my house." I said and Cole looked at me confused.

"What?... Ohhh. Don't worry that makes two of us." said Cole and I chuckled.

"Not three of us though." I mumbled and Cole smirked.