Chapter 22🥀

I don't answer her. I don't know what to say to her. I feel like she pushed me to a corner.

"What? nothing to say?" She sees through me.

"How do you want me to react? What do you want me to say? You want me to hug you? To tell you that everything is ok? That I forgive you?" I inhale. "Because that's going to take some time for me to able to do that."

"I did a mistake. Why can't you forgive me? Why are you treating me like this?" As she says that I realize that this is the same thing that happened between Shawn and me, I kissed Michel, she has... been with Darren. I did a mistake, she did a mistake. Shawn forgave me. Does that make me a bad person for not forgiving Maya? She did a mistake and I can't forgive her for it? I don't even like Darren. Not after everything that happened, that's for sure.

"You're right." I say realizing that I'm stupid, "I'm sorry that I was so mad. I mean, I'm still mad but, I now understand that I'm a bitch. I know you haven't been with him on purpose." I hope.

It's hard for me to forgive her but I now understand that I should, I understand she didn't mean to, so I forgive her. Thanks to Shawn.

Even if she hurt me I can't be mad at her forever.

"Good. Because I really miss you" she hugs me. "I know you said you need to do homework but can we just go for a walk, maybe to the shop?" she asks.

I sigh. "Sure," I say. Completely ignoring the fact that she just made herself a cup of tea. "just let me get dressed" she nods and I go get dressed.

We both walk to the shop and on the way there, I hear 2 girls gossiping

Oh, I recognize these voices, Ricky and Nina. "Hey," Maya says, passing her attention to Ricky and Nina.

"Hey.." Nina says giving Maya a hug. Nina and Rickey used to hang out with us. Rachel and Alex still do, sometimes. I never really understood why they hang out with them. All they do is get drunk and go to parties. Rickey gives Maya a hug as well. I don't really know them, so I don't bother giving them a hug.

"Omg. I heard you guys went to the Shawn Mendes concert a few days ago. I can't believe he was in town and I didn't know!! You guys are so lucky." Rickey says. I smile. Little do you know...

"Yeah, I know. It was AMAZING!!!! Right L?" Maya asks me. Since when does she call me L? Ignoring that though I answer her question.

"Yeah, it was ok.." I say. Trying my best not to show any feelings. The concert was actually pretty amazing. He's really talented.

"We are actually flying to see him in Kansas. I have family there so it's gonna be amazing." Nina says. Excuse me?

"Yeah, we bought the VIP package. Or was is the Dimond package? I don't know but it means that you get a meet & greet entrance aka you get to take pictures with him and go backstage." Rickey says a little too excited.

"AND of course, front row tickets!! It was really expensive but it is so worth it!!!" Nina says. I can't help but feel joyously rising through me. I want to scream at them and tell them that I got ALL that, Without paying one dollar. I was backstage. It was sort of a meet & greet. And we took pictures. He even took a video. Yeah. Eat that.

And yeah ok I wasn't front row, but I was third. Oh whatever.. I kissed him. And we slept together, and I have his number. Oh, and we are dating. And he said he misses me. So yeah I won. Haha. In your face.

What the fuck is wrong with me? What am I doing? Trying to prove them in my head I'm better? This is silly. I don't even care about them.

"Wow, I wish I could actually meet him," Maya says. "Don't you?" She looks at me.

"Yeah... I wish." I say. And I blush.

"We didn't get to see him. we were in the third row and it was amazing..." Maya says.

My phone vibrates. I look at it, a text from Shawn. A picture actually. My heart stops.

I open my phone, there is a photo of him.

He looks so handsome, his smile is precious and he looks so happy in the picture

- "There's WIFI on the plane. Wanna keep me company?" –

His text makes me smile.

I look at the photo again. And I blush.

Fuck, I miss him. We know one another for almost a week and I feel like I've known him for much longer.

"Who are you talking to?" Maya asks. Bringing me back to reality. I'm dazed. When I don't respond she is putting her head closer to me and she is trying to look at my phone. Back off.

I put my phone in my pocket. She didn't see. I hope.

"No one" I say answering her earlier question.

I want to keep him company. I wonder where he is flying to. I don't think he told me where he's going. I need to go somewhere private so I can talk to him!

"I forgot something at the apartment. I'll be back.. meanwhile, you guys go to the shop." I say.

I don't wait for their response, I'm already walking the other way. I know I can't go back there because Michel, Rachel, and Alex are there. I need to find a quiet place to talk to him.

I just walk around the park until I can find a nice place to sit.

As soon as I sit down, I call him on FaceTime. I want to see him.

"Hi" he answers on the third ring. He looks so perfect, his smile wide.

"Hi!" I say I can't hide my smile. I'm happy.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm fine. Crazy couple of days. I miss you." I add.

"I miss you too," he says. My smile is now wider. "So how was your show last night? I'm sorry again for everything" He smiles, "It was fine" he says. He tells me all about it. He looks so happy and overjoyed talking about his last show. Even when I know it must've been hard for him to perform after the bomb I threw at him.

Shawn and I keep talking He tells me some crazy stories that happened to him in the past 2 days with fans and I just listen enjoying hearing his voice and his stories.