Soldier Boy Part VIII

A few minutes later, Jordan came into the room dressed in his patriotic whites. I was sitting at the counter/dining-room table drinking my coffee with my legs elegantly crossed when he came out and I tried not to let him see how affected I was by his presence or his sinfully made body in that uniform. I detected a lustful leer in his eyes as he glanced down at my legs.

"Your food is on the stove," I coolly replied, looking at him over the rim of my cup.

The sexual tension simmering between us was almost too much to bear but neither one of us acted on it. I had my own reasons. I wasn't sure what his were.

Jordan walked over to the stove and looked down at the plate, studying the contents.

"You went to the store?" he asked, glancing over at me.

I looked over at him and lightly smiled. "No. I got it downstairs in the foody pantry. It's a TV dinner. I thought it might fill you up."

He grinned at me and lifted the plate, bringing it to the table along with his cup of coffee. "Appreciate it."

"Sure," I said, smiling back at him.

Even though there was a chair on the opposite side of me, Jordan chose to sit beside me instead, pulling the chair with him. "Looks good," he offered as he sat down and placed his hat on the table. He curiously looked at me. "Did you eat?"

"No. I wasn't hungry."

"Well, I won't feel right eating in front of you if you haven't had anything." He pushed the plate towards me. "Have some."

"No. It's okay. Really- "

I was cut off as he placed a big helping of the warm food in my mouth with his fork. I chewed and swallowed, resisting the urge to moan out loud. For a TV dinner filled with preservatives it was pretty damn good. Not that I hadn't had a TV dinner before but all I'd had lately was oodles and noodles and sandwiches. It was all I could afford. A part of me felt what made it unusually scrumptious was the fact that I was sharing it with Jordan.

"Good?" he asked.

I nodded. "Mm-hmm."

"Have some more."

"No, Jordan, I- "

He watched as I received another helping from him and chewed again. "Like I told you last night, I'm a gentleman. I'm not going to sit and gobble everything down without making sure you have something in your stomach as well."

I playfully smirked at him as he began to eat. "You didn't act like much of a gentleman last night."

He looked up at me with a look that was so electric I nearly came on myself. I struggled to breathe as I stared into his eyes.

"I didn't feel like being a gentleman last night," he sensuously admitted. "What can I say? You bring out the animal in me."

I shyly looked down at the table. Jordan continued to eat while simultaneously feeding me generous servings. There was something uncomfortably romantic about the ease in which he fed me; the familiarity I felt with him sitting next to me. My body was corded so tight it was almost impossible to sit comfortably still. After a while it became a struggle to even swallow the food. I knew with each passing moment, we were getting closer to him leaving me, to me never seeing him again. And it hurt. It hurt like hell.

Within minutes, the meal was gone and we had drained the entire pot of coffee. Afterwards, we sat in tense silence, lost in our own thoughts. My body vibrated with awareness when Jordan suddenly lifted me from my chair and sat me on his lap sideways, staring intensely at me. He put his arms around me and without thinking, I instantly put mine around his neck, holding his gaze.