three

The next day we all sat around a small sitting room while it rained heavily outside. Peter, Susan, and Theo were playing some strange game using a gigantic dictionary while Penny and Lucy watched the rain fall down the frosty window.

Edmund and I were laying on our backs under a chair while he carved random things into the bottom of it using a small pocket knife he found.

"Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar." Susan said as she read from the dictionary. Edmund nudged me and showed me what he had just carved into the chair.

Edmund and Nellie were here It said with a small heart at the end of it. I couldn't help but laugh as I playfully pushed him.

"Come on, Peter, Theo, Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar." Susan spoke again as Edmund and I moved from under the chair in order to sit up right.

"Is it Latin?" Theo asked. Susan nodded.

"Is it Latin for worst game ever invented?" Edmund asked as we all laughed except Susan who glared at Edmund.

"Well what do you suppose we should do?" She asked us.

Penny and Lucy looked at each other with bright smiles on their faces.

"We could play hide and seek." Penny said as she held her doll to her chest.

"But we're already having so much fun." Peter said sarcastically as he turned to Penny. Peter had always treated Penny and I as if we're his sisters as well.

"Come on Peter please!" Lucy begged as she and Penny both began to give him puppy dog eyes.

"1....2.....3" Peter replied making Lucy and Penny perk up as they giggle and ran down the hall followed by Susan and Theo.

"What?!" Edmund said causing me to laugh.

"Come on!" I grabbed his hand pulling him and as we ran down the hall looking for a spot. We then saw Penny and Lucy running to a curtain but Edmund got there first and yanked it out of Lucy's hand.

"I was here first!" He said causing me to roll my eyes. As much as I love Edmund he can be quite rude to Lucy.

Penny and Lucy huffed and then continued down the hall.

I was able to follow them in order to find a hiding spot but Edmund grabbed my hand and pulled me into the curtain as well.

"You can hide with me." He smiled. We stood inches apart as I felt nervousness fill me from both Edmund and myself.

"It's alright!" Lucy exclaimed as she and Penny ran down the steps to where Edmund and I were hiding. "I'm back it's alright!"

Edmund and I stuck our head out of the curtain. "Shut up he's coming!" Edmund whisper-yelled.

Peter then walked into the hall we were in.

"You know I'm not sure the four of you understand the idea of this game." He said in a confused tone. Then Susan and Theo came running in.

"Does this mean we win?" Theo asked from beside Susan.

"Weren't you wondering where we were?" Penny asked.

Edmund scoffed. "That's the pointed he was seeking you!" I noticed Penny's lip begin to tremble. I slapped Edmund on the arm causing him to cry out in pain as I then pull Penny into my arms. Penny has always been a terribly sensitive girl so if anyone yells at her she gets very upset.

Lucy then led us into a room with nothing in it but a huge wardrobe.

We all began to examine it while Penny and Lucy stood away watching us.