eight

Penny, Lucy, Susan, and I all stood a few yards away from some targets so Susan could practice with her bow and arrows.

Her first try she got the arrow fairly close to the middle. Lucy and I shared a shocked glance. Then Lucy smirked.

She threw her small blade and hit the target right in the center.

"Jesus, Lu." I laughed.

She smiled. "Hey Nell?" She asked. I nodded for her to continue. "We know about you and Edmund."

My eyes widened as my cheeks got hot. "So?"

"Are you guys finally dating now?" Penny asked with a slight giggle.

"N-No, we aren't." I replied sadly looking down at my feet. "We decided to just have a strong relationship."

"But you like him?" Susan said with a confused tone.

I nodded. "Yeah I do, but I can't just tell him that."

"Why not?" Lu asked.

I looked up at the three girls around me. "Cause he doesn't like me back. I-I don't wanna risk losing him, so I decided that I'd rather not tell him."

Lucy laughed. "But he does! Edmund fancies you! It's so obvious!" They all laughed.

"No he doesn't. When I said we should just have a strong friendship he said that's what he wanted too."

Susan laughed. "Oh Nell. You have a lot to learn." She patted my back. The sound of hooves drew our attention towards Theo, Edmund, and Peter who were practicing with their swords on horses.

Suddenly Mr. Beaver came running up causing Edmund's horse to jump up.

"Woah horsey!" Edmund said trying to calm it down.

"My name is Phillip." The horse replied.

I laughed loudly, earning a playful glare from Edmund. "Sorry." He said quietly.

Mr. Beaver quickly spoke up. "You all better come quickly! The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan." Edmund quickly turned his gaze to me.

We all ran back to camp to find the small dwarf shouting about how Jadis is the real Queen of Narnia while she was being carried a few feet behind him.

Suddenly she was set down. She gracefully rose from her seat and began to walk towards Aslan who stood outside his tent.

As she walked she keep her gaze locked on Edmund and I. Once she finally reached Aslan she turned her gaze to him.

"You have two traitors in your midst, Aslan." She said coldly.

"Their offense wasn't against you." Aslan replied.

She scoffed. "Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built."

"Do not cite the deep magic to me Witch!" He snapped. "I was there when it was written."

"Then you will know that they belong to me. Their blood is my property." She pointed towards us. "Those two will die on the Stone Table. As is tradition."

Theo immediately stepped forward. "Try and take them then!" He raised his sword.

She laughed. "You think that a simple threat will deny me my right, little king? Aslan knows that if I do not have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned, and perish, in fire and water."

I immediately grabbed Edmund's hand in fear. He gripped my hand tightly.

"Enough! I shall speak to you alone." Aslan replied and then led her into his tent.

We all sat around for at least an hour waiting for them to walk out. The whole time Edmund held my hand tightly making Penny, Susan, and Lucy all smirk at me playfully which I just brushed off.

Finally Jadis emerged from the tent. Her gazed stayed locked on Edmund and I before she walked back to her seat.

"She has denounced her claim on The Bonded Two's blood." Aslan said. I immediately turned to Edmund and pulled him into a tight hug.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" Jadis questioned. Aslan quickly roared loudly causing Jadis to quickly sit down in her seat.

I laughed as Edmund pulled me into another hug.

"I was so worried she was gonna kill us." He whispered into my hair.

"Me too." I breathed.

Edmund pulled back from the hug to look at me. "I will never let anything happen to you."

I smiled. "Promise?"

He smiled widely. "I promise."

...

not edited <3

I cannot believe I'm already almost done with LWW but don't worry I will continue onto PC and VDT!!