thirty one

Caspian led us all into a one of the room buried within the ship. Upon opening the door I noticed Susan's bow and arrow and Theo's sword out on display.

I walked over to his sword and smiled down at it.

"Nell." I heard Caspian say from behind me so I turned around to see him holding my sword. I smiled widely at the boy.

"Thank you, Cas." I said as I took the sword from him. He smiled at me before giving me a pat on the back.

"Peter's sword." Edmund said as he walked towards the small cupboard.

Caspian nodded and grabbed the sword. "Yes. I looked after it as promised." He held the sword out of Ed. "Here, hold it if you wish."

"No, no. It's yours. Peter gave it to you." As he spoke I could feel that he was disappointed.

Caspian smiled at him before walking back to the cupboard. "I did keep something for you though." He then threw something silver at him.

I laughed slightly when I noticed that it was his torch.

Ed smiled down at it before turning it on and accidentally shining the light in his eyes. I laughed a bit more making Edmund looked at me with a smile.

I held my hand out for him and he gladly took it as Caspian led us into another room.

He began to explain to us what has happened over the last three years that we've been gone.

"There's peace across all of Narnia." Caspian said causing me to smile widely.

"Wait, hold on. If there are no wars to fight, then why are we here?" Ed asked in a confused tone.

Caspian sighed," I've been asking myself the same thing since you all arrived."

"Where are we sailing to?" Penny asked as she laid her head on her arms that rested on the table.

Caspian began to explain what exactly happened to the Seven Lord of Telmar. Turns out we were sailing to the Lone Islands in hopes of finding the Lost Lords.

"Well what's east of the Lone Islands?" Lucy asked as she ran her fingers over the map.

"Uncharted waters. Some even say there are Sea Serpents there." Said the Captain of the ship. I noticed Penny got wide-eyed cause me to laugh quietly.

"Sea Serpents?" Ed asked with a smile.

Caspian grabbed an apple. "Alright Captain, that's enough of your tall tales."

We all then left the room before walking back onto the deck. Lucy and Penny had decided to go near the front of the ship while Ed, Cas, and I went the opposite way.

Caspian said he had a few things to go over with the Captain so he left, leaving Ed and I alone for a bit.

Edmund sat down on one of the few barrels that sat near the edge of the ship, while I rested my hands on the railing. I looked out at the beautiful blue ocean before us, the wind blowing through my hair.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the peaceful moment as the nice cool wind blew through my hair.

As I enjoyed the moment I felt eyes on me so I opened one of my eyes to see Edmund staring at me with a wide smile spread upon his face.

"What?" I asked with a small laugh.

He shook his head, still smiling. "Nothing, you're just cute that's all."