fifty two

The moment I was safely in my car I hit my head against the steering wheel.

"How the hell am I suppose to make her believe!" I yelled as I got more and more frustrated.

"I think you already did." Penny said as she appear in the passengers seat. "Did you see her face before you left? She was confused. Confused because she was remembering."

I sighed and leaned back in my seat. "I don't think she was remembering, Pen." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

After sitting there for a moment, I finally decided to start the car. I wasn't sure where I was driving, I was just driving.

Eventually, something told me to stop at a small cafe just outside the city. Sighing deeply, I left the warm car. The cold air kissed and caressed my skin as I walked towards the small cafe.

The smell of roasting coffee beans flooded my nose the moment my feet walked in the door. There wasn't anyone else there so I found no problem getting a seat that looked out at the road in front.

An older lady came and got my order before leaving me alone in peace again.

I brought my hand up and rested my head on it. I watched as the small droplets of water fell down the window before me.

"Here's your coffee, Miss." The waitress sat once she set down a small cup of steaming tan liquid.

I brought the small cup to my lips when something outside caught my attention. I saw a man practically dragging a small child behind him. Based on the way he walked and the way the child trembled with fear, this man was furious.

His grip on the child's arm looked painful. My grip on the cup tightened immensely when I realized who that child was.

It was Alice.

Anger boiled in my blood. My knuckles turned white while I watched her getting dragged behind her father.

Then, suddenly, her father turned around and brought his hand to her cheek.

Time froze when his palm met her skin. My grip tightened more and the mug I was holding broke.

All the anger from Edmund's death and Susan's disbelief enhanced as more anger pooled in my veins.

I immediately shot up from my seat and ran outside.

"Hey!" I yelled, my voice dripping with anger and rage.

"Mrs. Pevensie!" Alice called out to me as tears streamed down her cheek rapidly. Her father roughly pushed her into a nearby wall and I lost it.

I ran up to her father and punched him with everything I am. I screamed in rage as I hit him a few times.

Every pent up emotion I had been feeling these past few days released as blood trickled down from the man's nose.

I punched him once more before dropping my hand back at my side. "You stay the hell away from Alice!" I yelled at him as I wrapped my arm around Alice's shoulders. She trembled in my arms while she cried softly.

"She's my daughter I can do whatever I want with her!" He yelled back at me as he pinched his nose.

"That does not give you the right to hurt her!" I told the man all while rubbing Alice's back in a comforting manner. I looked down at Alice to see her burying her face in my shirt while she continued to tremble with fear. "You don't deserve her." I whispered towards the man.

"Don't you dare tell me what I do or don't deserve you bitch!" He spat at me. "Sometimes I wonder how your pathetic husband can stand you." He smirked when he finished speaking. I know that he knew about Edmund's passing. He was trying to make me angry.