thirty two

I sat by Edmund and Caspian as we rode in a small boat going to the Island, while Lucy, Penny, and Eustace sat in the back.

"Onward!" Reepicheep cheered as we docked the boat. "The thrill of adventure awaits!"

Edmund hopped out of the boat first before offering me his hand with a smile. "Milady." He joked causing me to let out a small laugh. I accepted his hand and got out of the boat.

"Thank you, dork." I smiled and kissed his cheek before releasing his hand and walking over to where Caspian was.

The sudden sound of someone hitting the floor caused me to turn around and see that Eustace had fallen on the stairs.

"And you're sure he's related by blood?" Caspian questioned while Lucy looked at her cousin with a sad look.

"Sadly he is." Edmund said, clearly annoyed.

"Why is it so quiet?" Penny asked as she gripped Lucy's hand.

I looked up at the building before us. "She's right. Where is everyone?" I asked looking at Edmund and Caspian.

Suddenly a loud bell sounded causing me to immediately pull out my sword while Edmund did the same and wrapped an arm around my waist.

Caspian began to give Reepicheep some order while we all walked up the small ramp leading into the town.

"Edmund." I began as I stayed close to him. "I have a bad feeling about this place." I went to fiddle with my hands only to see the golden wisps of our bond there. "Look." I told him.

He gave me a confused looked when he saw that his golden wisps were dancing around his fingers to.

"Why are they out?" Edmund asked quietly. "I-I thought they only came out when the other was at a state of near death."

I shrugged slightly and I moved my fingers, watching the golden wisps hover around my fingertips.

"Maybe they know something bad might happen." I said before clutching my sword and walking forward.

We all took a look around the very empty town.

"What happened here?" Penny asked with a sad tone. I saw Lucy squeeze her hand in a comforting manner causing me to smile at the two.

"Yeah, looks like nobody's in, so do you think we should head back?" Eustace asked as he came running over to us.

Edmund shook his head slightly. "Do you wanna come here and guard, something?" He gave me an annoyed look so I gave his hand a small squeeze.

Eustace nodded rapidly. "Ah yes! Great idea, cousin. Very, um, logical." Caspian then gave him a small dagger.

I noticed Ed rolling his eyes as a wave of annoyance washed over me so I squeezed his hand again and it stopped.

We all walked to the large door in front of us while Eustace stayed behind.

"I've got it." He said as we turned to him once again. "Don't worry!"

We all walked into the room to see a bunch of bells hanging from the ceiling while beautiful statues lined the edges of the room.

"Wow." I whispered to no one as I looked at the statues.

"Um, I'm ready to go when you are." Eustace called from the doorway.

I leaned in towards Edmund. "He's not very brave is he?"

Edmund laughed slightly. "Nope, he's a bloody coward." I laughed quietly before playfully hitting Ed's shoulder, earning another laugh from him.

"Look." Lucy said as she and Penny watched towards a small table in the middle of the room. "There names." She whispered. Ed and I walked forward to see that the book was littered with many names.

"But why have they all been crossed out?" Penny asked as she looked.

"Slave traders." Caspian whispered and then all the sudden all the bell sounded as many men came to fight us.

"Nellie stay close to me!" I heard Edmund yell so I quickly nodded.

Edmund and I stayed side by side as we tried to fight off all the men. When I was finally able to get the upper-hand on the man I was fighting a loud scream sounded making us all freeze.

I quickly turned around to see a man holding a knife to Eustace's throat.

"Unless you wanna hear this one scream like a girl again, I suggest you drop your weapons." He smirked at us.

"Like a girl?" Eustace questioned before crying out in pain again as the man pinched his ear.

Lucy immediately dropped her sword, along with Penny.

"Eustace." Edmund said at the boy before dropping his sword harshly. I threw my sword to the ground and hooked my pinky with Ed's

"Put them in irons." The man holding Eustace said. Edmund and I both tightened our grip on each other's pinky's before a man came over and ripped up apart.

"Let go of me!" I screamed as he pulled me away from Ed.

"Get your hands off of her!" Edmund yelled as he struggled against the man holding him. I looked down at Edmund's hands to see the golden wisps glowing brightly.

"Edmund no!" I yelled at him as I shifted my gaze between his eyes and his hands. "Save it for later!" He gave me a confused look before nodding.

"Take these four to the Market." The man said pointed at Eustace, Lucy, Penny and I. "Take those two to the dungeons."

"Edmund!" Lucy cried as the man began to pull us away before stopping near the door.

"Nellie! Lucy! Penny!" Edmund and Caspian both yelled.

"Let them go you insolent fool!" Edmund yelled earning a hard slap across the face.

I felt my blood boil. No one gets to touch Edmund like that. No one.

"You're going to pay for that!" I yelled at the man who hit Edmund.

"Actually someone else is going to pay." The man began as he walked closer to me. "For all of you." He ran his fingers over my cheek and I could see Edmund's face over his shoulder, red with anger.

The man then pulled us out the door and away from Edmund and Caspian.

...

not edited <3

stuff is about to go down ya'll