forty one

Edmund and I were currently getting dressed in our armor while Lucy and Penny got ready in their room.

"Edmund?" I said as I secured my chest piece. He turned to me. "If anything happens, use them." I looked towards the golden wisps that danced around his fingers.

Edmund walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I will, don't worry." He kissed my forehead. "We'll be okay, I promise."

I met his gaze. "I love you so much, Eddie." I whispered.

Edmund caressed my cheek with his thumb. "I love you more." I let out a small laugh before pressing my lips to his.

He held my waist tightly as we kissed. I could tell that he didn't want to pull away, he didn't want to let me go but we had to.

I took a deep breath. "Come on, let's go." I grabbed his hand and we left the room.

Once we were on the deck we quickly found Caspian.

He gave us a small smile. "Hey. Nell, Ed?" He said before taking a deep breath. "I want you both to know that I think of you guys as family."

I smiled at him before walking up to him and giving him a hug. He waste no time before wrapping his arms around me.

"I think of you as my brother." I whispered into his chest before pulling away and smiling.

Caspian then grab Peter's sword before walking up to Edmund. "Here, Peter would want you to have it." Edmund smiled before grabbing the sword.

"Thank you." He told Caspian. We then saw Lucy and Penny walking towards us, both ready with their armor on.

Penny came to me and held my hand. Caspian then turned to his crew.

"No matter what happens, every soul who stands before me has earned their place on the crew of the Dawn Treader. We have traveled far. Together we can destroy this evil. So now is not the time to fall to fears temptations. Be strong, never give in." Edmund squeezed my hand. "Our world. Our Narnian souls depend on it. Think of the lost souls we are here to save. Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia." Caspian looked down before walking down the steps.

"For Narnia!" Lucy yelled along with everyone else.

As we kept sailing closer to the island the strange green mist began to come aboard the ship. It slowly weaved its way between the crew members.

"Nell's." I heard my father say as he began to form in the mist. "I'm so disappointed in you. I'm ashamed to call you my daughter."

"N-No." I whispered as I felt tears form in my eyes.

Then Edmund formed in the mist. "How could anyone, ever, love you?" He laughed. "You are nothing." He spat.

"No!" I yelled.

"Nellie?" Edmund asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" He brought his hand up to wipe away the few tears that had escaped my eyes.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

Edmund wrapped an arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple. The sound of someone screaming caused us to look over the side of the boat.

"Keep away!" A strange man yelled from a small rock.

Edmund grabbed his torch and shined it towards the voice revealing a very old man holding a sword.

"We will not leave." Caspian told the man when he kept shouting for us to keep away.

"Caspian, look at his sword." I said as I turned to him.