forty three

I woke up to small kisses on my shoulder. I let out a soft sigh before turning my head to see Edmund.

Edmund and Lucy came back from Cambridge about 2 months after we returned from Narnia and everything went back to normal. We continued to have our weekly dinners and Edmund and I still slept in the same bed every night. Edmund and I were even able to graduate together.

"Happy birthday." He smiled since today I was turning 18.

I smiled at him before leaning up and pressing my lips to his. He smiled and pulled away before pushing the covers off of his body and getting out of bed.

"Come here." He said. I gave him a confused look before he turned around and bent down slightly.

I smiled before standing up on the bed and jumping onto his back.

He laughed quietly before leaving my room and walking me downstairs. As he walked I gently placed a kiss onto his exposed neck.

"Good morning, Beesly family!" Edmund yelled as we watched into the kitchen.

"Morning Edmund." Mother smiled before turning to me. "And good morning, Nell's." I smiled before hopping down from Edmund's back.

She handed me a small plate with a few pancakes on them. "Thank you, mom." I smiled at her.

Suddenly Penny and Theo came running down the stairs. "Happy birthday!" They both practically screamed before tackling me.

"Edmund! Save the pancakes!" I yelled as I gently tossed him the plate as I now laid on the floor.

"Was that really necessary?" I laughed as Theo and Penny got off of me.

Penny smiled and nodded. "Yep!" She popped the p.

I glared at her playfully before standing up and sitting down at the table next to Edmund.

"Is your family gonna be coming over for-" Mom began but was cut off by the front door opening.

"Good morning, Maria." Helen smiled at my mom before coming up to me and giving me a hug. "Happy birthday, honey."

I smiled at her. "Thank you." Once she walked away Lucy, Susan, and Peter wished me a happy birthday before siting down with the rest of us.

Yesterday mom had asked me what I wanted to do today and I had just said that I wanted to stay home and hangout with everyone, so that's what we did.

Later that day, after we had dinner, Edmund walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Go pack a bag." He told me.

"Why?" I asked as I gave him a confused look.

He smiled at me. "I'm taking you somewhere and we're gonna be there overnight so go pack."

I gave him a small laugh before walking upstairs and packing a small bag full of my essentials. Once I got everything together I walked back downstairs to see Edmund talking with my mom as she smiled widely.

He turned to me and smiled. "You ready?" He asked as he stuck out his hand for me to grab.

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "Yep."

Mom smiled at me. "Have fun, you two." I gave her and wave goodbye before Edmund and I walked outside and to his car.

"Milady." He said as he rush over to open my door. I laughed at him before climbing inside. He then walked over to his side and hopped into his seat.