twenty two

Edmund and I walked hand in hand to the front of the How.

"Oh my god." I heard Lucy say from behind us. Edmund and I turned around to face her.

"What?" I asked her when she started to smirk at us.

"You guys are together aren't you?" She questioned.

"Wha-" I began

"Yes," Edmund cut me off. "Yes we are." He met my gaze and smiled causing me to look down at the ground with a blush on my face.

Lucy suddenly ran forward and hugged me. "I've waited so long for this!" She laughed into my chest

She began to squeeze tighter. "Alright, alright, Lu, don't crush her." Edmund laughed as he pried her arms off of me.

"I'm gonna go check on Peter now. He seems a bit upset about what happened." Lucy spoke and then began to walk to the How.

"Hey wait!" I called after the younger girl. She turned to me, a smile still present on her face. "Do you know where Penny or Theo is?"

"Theo's in the How, but I-I don't know where Penny is actually." Her eyebrows met in confusion.

"Oh okay." I replied and Lucy then walked into the How. I felt Edmund's hand slip into mine.

"Hey don't worry," He began. "I'm sure she's fine." I turned to him and smiled. He then pressed his lips against my temple.

I looked over Ed shoulder to see at least one hundred soldiers marching across the grass field in front of the How.

"Ed." I said as I gently slapped his shoulder.

He immediately turned around and saw them. "Telmarines."

We both looked at each other.

"I need to go find Penny." I told him, he nodded.

"I'll go tell Peter." He stated before pulling me into another kiss before reluctantly pulling away.

I smiled at him as he then ran towards the How.

I began to jog over to the woods around the How in order to look for Penny. She has always loved walking through the woods so I figured she might be there.

As I made my way through the thick forest I heard a loud scream sound, and I immediately knew who it was.

"Penny!" I screamed as I ran towards the noise.

"Nell! Help me!" I ran faster than I ever had in my entire life. When I finally found her she was being taken by a few Telmarine soldiers.

"Hey! Let her go!" I screamed and drew my sword. The two men whipped their head towards me.

"Put the sword down, little girl." The soldier spat. I glared at the man before I moved closer. "Stay back or I'll kill her!" He pressed a knife against Penny's throat as she cried.

"Let her go! Please!" I cried as I felt tears escape my eyes. The soldiers smirked at me before pressing the knife closer to her throat. "Stop! Take me!" I yelled. "Take me instead! Just leave her alone!"

The two men looked at each other before nodding. "Fine." The man holding Penny then pushed her to the ground.

She immediately ran to me and into my arms. "What are you doing?" She cried into my soldier.

"Penny listen to me." I whispered as I watched the soldiers get closer to us. "Tell Theo what happened. I'll be fine I promise." She cried more as the men roughly grabbed me from her.

Go. I mouthed to her and she nodded, tears still running down her face, before sprinting back to the How.

"Let's go princess." One of the soldiers snarled in my ear before roughly dragging me towards the other Telmarines.

...

not edited <3

sorry this chapter is so short but let me just say...

STUFF IS ABOUT TO GO DOOOWN!!