five

Once we were finally inside the castle it felt like my stomach was in my throat. I couldn't help but feel unbelievably nervous and uneasy as I saw all the insanely realistic statues all around us.

Edmund must have noticed since he hooked our pinky's together and gave me a smile. Edmund stopped in front of one of the statues and pick up something and then began to draw a mustache and glasses on it.

"Edmund." I said as I nudged his side causing his to chuckle and then keep walking forward towards the throne that sat at the end of the room.

Edmund released my pinky and then walked up to the throne and sat down. His face lit up as he looked around causing me to smile.

"You like it?" A voice stated from behind me causing me to jump out of my skin. I whipped around to see a tall lady dressed in all white holding a long staff.

Edmund jumped out of the throne. "Y-Yes." He said. "Your majesty." The lady gave him a smile that made me uneasy.

Then the lady turned to me. "And who may you be?" She asked.

I gulped hard. I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't seem to form any words.

"This is Nell. She's my best friend." Edmund said when he realized I couldn't say anything.

I noticed the lady's eyes widened upon hearing my name. She then cleared her throat.

"Tell me Edmund," She began still keeping her cold eyes locked with mine. "are your sister's deaf?" she asked.

"No." Edmund replied.

"And your brother, unintelligent?"

Edmund laughed slightly. "Well I think so but mom says-"

"Then how dare you come alone!" The lady yelled turning to Edmund and walking closer to us. "I asked so little of you Edmund."

"They just wouldn't listen to me!" Edmund said as he grabbed my hand when he noticed I completely froze in fear. "I wanted to see you!"

The lady scoffed. "I did bring them half way!" Edmund said quickly causing my eyes to widen. What on earth does he think he's doing! "They're at the little house at the dam at the house of the beavers!"

I turned to him and gave him a disappointed look. He just told this obviously evil woman where our families are!

"Well I guess you aren't a total loss then." The lady said.

Edmund sheepishly approached the lady. "C-Could I have some more Turkish delight now?"

She gave him a cold smile and then turned to the little dwarf who stood near us. "Ginnabrick, our guest is hungry."

The dwarf then pushed a knife on both of our back and pushed us forward. "This way for you num nums."

We then approached a cell where the dwarf then pushed us into.

He quickly came up and put metal cuff on one of my legs and then he did the same to Edmund before leaving the cell.

I left my bottom lip tremble with fear and sadness.

Edmund quickly scooted over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"It'll be okay, Nellie." He said trying to comfort me.

"I cannot believe you!" I shook his arm off of me. "You told her where our families are! Did you really sell them out in order to get sweets?" I yelled as tears streamed down my face.

Edmund looked down. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't change that fact that our families might die now." I whispered as I tried to contain my sobs. I then scooted farther away from Edmund and pulled my knees to my chest.

...

After what felt like forever the little dwarf came and threw a plate with rock hard bread and a cup of just ice.

I saw Edmund try to eat it only to end up coughing but as he went for some water he saw it was just ice and threw it down on the plate.

"Are you going to eat that?" A voice sounded from the cell next to ours.

Edmund grabbed the bread and scooted over to the other person in the cell.

"Mr...Tumnus?" Edmund questioned. I instantly perked up and scooted over to the cell in order to see the man.

"What's left of him." He replied and then looked at both of us. "Oh my!" He exclaimed and then looked around quickly. "You are the Bonded Two. What in the name of Aslan are you both doing here?"

My eyebrows met in confusion. "The Bonded Two?"

Mr. Tumnus nodded. "Do you not know?" He asked as he realized we both shared the same confused expression. "You two are soulmates, and you should not be here! She might kill you if she finds out who exactly you are!"

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when he said the term soulmates. That was a word I've only ever heard my mother say when she would describe her and my fathers relationship.

I turned to Edmund only to see that he too had a shocked look on his face.

"You two need to be kept safe." Tumnus whispered. "You need to keep each other safe!" The sound of someone coming down the hall made Mr. Tumnus quickly move away from us.

"My wolves tore that dam apart and your little families were no where to be found! Where are they!" She yelled with pure anger in her voice.

"I-I don't know!" His voice filled with fear.

"Then you two are no longer of use for me." She looked me dead in the eye and began to lift her staff.

"No! Wait! The beavers said something about Aslan!" Edmund yelled before the Witch could harm me.

She quickly turned to Edmund. "Aslan? Where?"

Mr. Tumnus quickly sat up and began to speak. "T-They've only been in Narnia for a short while you can't expect them to know-" He was then hit in the head causing him to cry out in pain.

"I left before I could hear anything else! I wanted to see you!" Edmund said.

"Guard!" She yelled. "Release the faun." The guard hit Mr. Tumnus' leg in order to get rid of the chains. Mr. Tumnus cried out in pain causing me to flinch as tears filled my eyes. "Do you know why you're here? You're here because he turned you in." She pointed towards Edmund with her staff. "For sweeties."

Mr. Tumnus looked at Edmund with a heartbroken expression on his face. I looked at Edmund to see his eyes filling with tears.

"Take him upstairs." She told the guard and Mr. Tumnus was then dragged out of the room. "Ready my sleigh. It seems Edmund and Eleanor miss their family."

...

not edited <3