Bloodshed

Morrigan

I stand next to Ivar in the darkness of the tunnels, as we wait, wait for the Saxons to fall into the trap set by us. Ivar was a brilliant man and even better battle, strategist. Ivar looks at me and takes a hold of my hand, making me look up to him.

"Kill them all for me" He whispered to me placing a kiss on my hand, I smile to him as we can hear the Saxons above us, I let out a grin as Ivar gives the signal to attack...

Blood splatters over my face as a spear is driven into the chest of the man who is attacking me, I let out a breath and blink as Eilish comes into view as the man falls to his face, I nod to her, gripping my own spear harder, my knuckles turn white as I throw it into the back of a man  who is charging at Hvitserk, the dusty-haired blond nods to me as a thank you. I grip onto the axe Ivar gave me, it is strapped to my back as I run forward with Eilish and Hvitserk. I can hear Ivar laughing as we near a clearing, a man is in the middle fighting on a horse.

"Spears" Ivar screams pointing, Eilish and her warriors move forward, and in a flash, they throw killing some men. The man on the horse looks around bewildered as the people charge forward, a woman is knocked down as the man's horse runs forward, he tramples her to death, the man continues fighting until his horse is killed, Ivar screams something in his mother tongue and everyone around us stop fighting, I frown and look to Hvitserk

"He wants us to stop fighting, "Hvitserk says back to me, Ivar once again speak in his tongue, I look to Hvitserk "he wants someone to bring the man his horse" I frown placing the axe back in its rightful place and stand and wait like the others, The men brought him a horse and Ivar once again gave the signal to fight...

I sit and watch as Evelyn works around Ivars legs, Looking at them and examining them, at least he is not in pain anymore, but he still sometimes get the pained expression, Evelyn explained that is is from the muscles taking strain for being used ...

I sit and watch as Evelyn works around Ivars legs, Looking at them and examining them, at least he is not in pain anymore, but he still sometimes get the pained expression, Evelyn explained that is is from the muscles taking strain for being used for the first time, so they hurt but every night, Evelyn would come and rub out the pains, relaxing his muscles once again. Ivar was very happy with himself, another battle was won and he had taken a man prisoner that interest him. Both me and Ivar watch Evelyn leave.

"I'm going to crawl in front of him, for now," Ivar sates getting up and crawling to the furs, I frown at him

"Why "I ask making my way to the furs, my body aches from the battle it has fought both inside and out. I lay down next to him as he pulls me onto his chest, I lay listening to his heartbeat and his breathing

"I don't want to show him what I am capable of yet, "He says running his fingers over my back and side

"Ivar, maybe you chose wrong"I mumble at his causing him to stop running his finger over my body, I can feel him looking at me

"Why would you say that," he asks in a whisper

"What if I can never have children, what if there will never be an heir to the throne" I say tears forming in my grey orbs, one slides down and lands on Ivars chest, Ivars hand comes to my face, as he pulls me up to face him, His Icey orbs bore into me