Mordred The gifted one

It has been six moons, six moons and the child growing inside me was strong and heavy. My body aches from carrying him, but I can feel he will be arriving soon. I can feel it in my bones. I know he will be perfect and a great warrior one day. I sit drawing in the pleasant winter sky. I look on as my people train. This will be the last time I see my army, the last time I lead them, I am sending them home, to fight for my throne. Eilish will remain here with me, she is with child but she has seen a terrible fate, a horrid one, she has seen Hvitserk betray his brother, she has seen the birth of her child, who is a beast. The more I tell her not to think about it the more she obsesses about it, wanting to see the seer but Ivar killed the seer, only a handful of people know this. Ivar was losing his mind, sacrificing a woman and naming her Lagatha, building a statue of himself, I fear what he did when people destroyed it, I could not face myself to ask him. I know they died in the most ruthless way. I sit on the furs my body feels uncomfortable and heavy. Ivar makes his way towards me smiling, he sits down next to me.

"How is the prince," He asks placing a hand on my swollen belly 

"He is well, it's his mamma that feels uncomfortable," I say smiling and placing my hand on top of his.

"I love you" Ivar whispered looking me in the eyes, I give him a soft smile 

"I love you too Ivar"

"Apart from my mother I have never really known what its like to be loved or truly love, my father left me outside to die when I was a baby because I was a cripple, everyone has always treated me first as a cripple, All I ever wanted was for them to love me, but I saw it was impossible so I was angry with everyone, I have been in rage all my life until now, you are all goodness and truth and you mean the world to me, you have never seen me as a cripple you have always seen me as Ivar" 

"Because Ivar you are more than your legs,"I say placing a kiss on his forehead "but Ivar you don't know your own mind"Ivar frowns at me "You are calling yourself a god, you are a king yes of two thrones but not a god, please can we stop this madness"I whisper grabbing his face with both my hands forcing him to look at me, he looks down and nods

"I'll stop" 

xxx

Ivar:

I Ivar the boneless am going to be a father, a father. Morrigan scream causes my head to snap towards where she is given birth what a wonderful thing a woman's body is. Fear sinks in as I think of the child, what if he was a cripple like his father well not anymore. Laughter fulls the room then a sweet cry as I see Morrigan face light up as she looks at the child in Evelyn's arms.

"Show the king his son, "Morrigan says with a smile on her beautiful sweating face, Evelyn smiles as she brings the child to me. I take the small child horror befalls me as I look into his eyes one brown and one blue. Evelyn looks at my face

"Do not threat my King it is a gift from the goddess, your son will be gifted"I look to Morrigan's face, it shows her worry 

"He is perfect and from this day he will be known as Mordred the gifted one" I whisper holding the babe in my arms. I smile to Morrigan as she lays back, her body tired. Evelyn smiles at me 

"Let me give the babe some milk and you and the Queen can get some rest" I nod to her and hand the child back to her, Eilish comes rushing in her face showing worry as I look towards the sleeping Morrigan.

"How was it," She asks

"She is fine and my son is perfect"

"King Ivar, have you received word from your brother"

"No," I say getting up "Maybe you were right Eilish maybe my brother did betray me" I can see her face falling. I place a hand on her shoulder "May the gods be with you Eilish" 

"I want to be marked" She whispers I frown at her 

"Marked?"

"The mark of a betrayers wife, I want it" 

"We don't know if Hvitserk betrayed me Eilish"

"I do, I feel it in my bones and in my heart"

I smile at her "Let me talk to my Queen first okay, but for now let her rest" I say taking my leave, leaving a small woman sleeping and one broken. 

xxx

Morrigan:

I smile as I see a little boy run past me, I am home, a dream I know this is a dream. A little boy rushes towards me one eye brown one eye blue, laughing I pick him up, he is age three. 

"Mordred" I smile at the boy as he plays with my loose hair. 

"A gifted child like his mother, to grow up without a father" The goddess whispers to me

"What?" I ask to the skies looking for answers. 

I awake with fright and see Ivar holding the babe close to his chest, he smiles at me I frown as he makes his way towards me. 

"He is just perfect" Ivar whispers at me. I smile nodding. He was perfect, this was perfect but the goddess words haunt me, what does it mean...