Chapter 26

Day Six

"I can't be live this is how I'm starting my day"

They were on a canoe from Skidegate Landing to Haida Heritage Centre and Museum in Haida Gwaii.

"Well better belive it" William said to Emily who laughed and just kept on rowing.

"Nope I'm just sitting here enjoying myself" she said while rowing "this is so exhausting, is it me or this is really hard? "

"Don't worry ma'am you'll get used to it as time goes by" one of the men who sat in front of her said.

"That's if you I do it everyday and I'm sure I'll not be doing this any time soon" she said while laughing.

William just looked at his wife and smiled although she was still hurting she made an effort to enjoy the tour.

William helped his wife of the canoe.

"If I fell you would have seen my evil side" she side as she fixed her hair.

"Stop being a dram queen and come on" he said making his wife giggle.

They were led up to receive a ceremonial welcome from peoples of the Haida Nation.

This included cultural dances at the Haida Heritage Performing House.

"This is super nice, can I learn these cultural dances somehow? " Emily asked one of the elders who was their guide.

"You would like to learn the dance? " she asked surprised.

"If it's a problem it's fine" Emily replied to the suprised woman.

"No come well give you something to wear over your attire" they both stood up and William gave his wife a puzzled look but she shrugged her shoulders at him.

Emily was given the attire and went up to where the ladies who gave her instruction on how to dance and some of the paparazzi snapped pictures of the duchess as she was dancing with the locals, Emily turned to William and gave him a little smile as she tried doing some of the dances with and ladies but she gave up and hugged all the ladies up there and went back to William who was laughing at his wife.

Following this, William and Emily dropped into the new Haidi Gwaii General Hospital in Queen Charlotte. They visited the long-
term care wing, and proceeded to the maternity wing, where they joined a discussion with mothers and staff about maternal
health.

"Sometimes it's hard now knowing if your baby is going to survive and then when they do you show them all the love because you've been waiting for them to make it a be safe for a really long time but when they don't make it you have to be prepared for the worse and sometimes it leads you to doing things that are unimaginable I know of a case where some when actually left their wife cause she would have a lot of miscarriages and men don't get that a miscarriage is hard to get over and just because it happens a lot of times it doesn't mean the pain I less"

Emily got up and hugged Michelle as she knew that this was something the woman had gone through.

"You are one strong woman and that's one cute baby" she smiled and moved on to other women.

"It's time for fishing" Emily said as they got on a boat and they gave William and her a life jacket.

"your excitement makes me think you've done this before?" William said as his wife grabbed a fishing rod.

"Nope never ever but there's a first for everything...... I think? " she said and the moment she said that she caught a fish.

"William I caught one, what should I do? " she said as the fish was pulling her rod.

"Reel it in okay, come on I'm not helping you" a few struggles later she had caught her fish.

"Oh look it's a big one yay" she said holding out her fish.

At the end of their fishing trip they had a little walkabout where she received gifts from the people who where there to greet her.

When they got to their room Emily headed of to bed as she was really tired and waking up at 4 in the morning wasn't really helping as she really needed the rest and tomorrow they would bid farewell to the country and this meant that she had to wake up early again as they didn't just wake up and leave they had to do a little engagements before leaving.