Chapter 42

"Welcome" Emily greeted her guests as she carried baby George who was turning 4 months old in a few days.

William and Emily had hosted a luncheon for all the men who had helped renovate their house and also told them that they could bring partners as Emily didn't want to be suffocated by the number of men in the room.

"Oh hi George" some of the women would try take George's tiny hands but he would just cuddle into his mom which got both Emily and William to chuckle but the women would just say smile at the cute chubby child who they hadn't seen ever since the family portrait was released and a few days ago they also released the photos in which the couple took the day of the diplomatic reception as the Cambridge's first portrait.

In the sitting room they would fined Emily's mom and Aaliyah who were entertaining them as they had to wait for the rest of the guests to arrive.

"I'll keep it short and I just want to thank you and  say  that you guys are the best you made all this happen and you made our dream home come true I don't think this would have happened without you guys so thank you"  Emily said as they all clicked glasses.

The rest of the night went on pretty well and it was a fun night the next morning they did their normal routines and then drove down to Sandringham.

Emily hosted dinner for builders who helped turn their house into a home.

Apparently the duchess of held a thank you Christmas dinner for the workers who helped turn her house into a home the lunch was held on the 23rd and the following morning the Cambridge clan drive up to Sandringham where they would be spending Christmas with the extended royal family and Emily's family who have been invited to spend Christmas with the Royals we totally envy the Edwards who will be dining in style with the royal family and most importantly the queen.

"George come on buddy let's go eat" she said to her 4 month old son who was busy whining as he was hungry as he had woken up during lunchtime.

"Hey Emily how's the little bundle ?" Sophie asked Emily as she put George on a high chair.

He's doing okay aren't you baby Georgie" Emily said giggling as she said as she fed the giggling baby.

"Your parents coming tomorrow?" Sophie asked.

"The whole family they literally screamed when I told them the news" Emily said laughing "Emily honestly the queen loves you I mean she invited your family to spend Christmas with her I call that love and I think she knows and sees the potential you have and I'm just saying stick to protocol don't do any weird stuff and be yourself this is your first Christmas with us and I want you to enjoy it okay plus the church walk is so nice you love it"

"I...Thank you..." Emily said standing up and hugging Sophie.

"Hey Emily" William said as he rubbed he kissed George's cheek who in turn started giggling in all honesty George was always giggling.

"Ugh no go take a bath first you sweaty thing" she said shooing him away.

"Hey Emily let's go" Autumn said as they would be watching the mens snow fight.

"Okay let me just ask Maria if she will be fine with George" Emily said as she went to George's nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo Maria who became George's part time nanny until Emily saw that Maria was doing a proper job.

"I'm sure Maria will be fine with George, Emily" Autumn said dragging Emily on her first Christmas eve with the Royals.

After playing in the snow for a few hours they went back in side where they freshened up and had a chat until dinner was ready and then after dinner the time had exchanged Christmas presents and then went to sleep as they had being exhausted.

Emily's family arrived that night but Emily wasn't there to greet them as she was tired and when Aaliyah heard that Emily was tired she immediately knew that her little sister was pregnant as the same thing had happened to her after having her first child a few months later she was pregnant but in her case it led to a miscarriage and she didn't want the same to happen to her little sister.

The following morning Emily literally ran to give her parents a hug and kiss and then she want to The queen and thanked her for inviting her parents out to spend Christmas  with them.

They had breakfast and prepared for the Christmas walk and Sophie was absolutely right the walk was amazing and what she loved the most was the fact that the well wishers not only gave her flowers but they also gave her family and she was happy ab...

They had breakfast and prepared for the Christmas walk and Sophie was absolutely right the walk was amazing and what she loved the most was the fact that the well wishers not only gave her flowers but they also gave her family and she was happy about that because she knew that they supported her and her family.

They went back to Amner Hall to spend New Years for the first time as a family and then January came when Emily broke the news about her pregnancy to William and although Emily could see that he wasn't quite excited as when she told him she was pregnant with George because he hadn't wanted to wait until George was at least 2 or 3 until they had another baby but when he told his grandma she was quite happy that she invited them to spend the January with her at Sandringham and William couldn't exactly say no to the queen so he canceled the trip and drove them down to Sandringham.