James Marriott X ImAllexx

A/N - So, Trigger warning. Suicide attempts (but i suck ass at writing so dw) yo wuddup ima stay up all night sobbing and listening to Africa because i have family over tomorrow, sup Christmas hater gang. Also would you have preferred this on Joji? Forgive me i dont know Alex's last name, so i used google but who can trust them.

James, not the type of guy you would expect to like climbing. But sure enough he does a shit ton of it, climbing trees, buildings, poles, in the non sexual way. 

He loves it, maybe it's the breeze that passes through his hair, or maybe it's simply the feeling of being above everyone, up high with the reality that he can be whoever and whatever he wants, letting his mind wander on its own.

He very rarely goes climbing with others, he'd rather plug in some headphones and set out in the early morning, before sunrise, he'd go out, looking for abandoned buildings or construction sites that have yet to be explored, climbing for a bit, finding the perfect spot to get a good view of the sunrise, enjoying the piece and quiet. 

Of course there would be times where workers would catch him, reporting for trespassing, he'd never run though, he'd have a few people let him off and others would fine, or put him on a watch list. Never bothered James. 

Youtube was like a side job, he'd go to college and have a few other jobs on the side to have spare cash, normally to keep him fed or updated in technology, his friends helped a lot, to keep him happy for the time being, or simply making bad days good. 

But today, he decided he's had enough of the bad days, enough of the weights on his shoulders, heart feeling like it's been strangled, not living up to the expectations of people, his fans, friends, family, all got the better of him. 

James knew he wasn't perfect, he wasn't what people thought he would be like when getting to know the real him. It's easy to create an online image and even easier to accidentally let it slip up in a few videos. 

Videos where he doesn't feel he's put enough energy in, made enough jokes, rambled for too long, disappointed people or said something he shouldn't have, media is ruthless and will pick out any slip ups.

His friend never knew what he mean't by the 'Final Climb' he'd talk about. He'd talk about it whenever climbing was brought up, never dropped any hints, he'd always put on a smile and a happy face whenever around them, thinking thats what they wanted. 

Alex picked up on a few things, like the energy between breaks in videos changing, or whenever they'd record the energy would drop dramatically when finished, Alex thought he might just be tired, juggling work, college and youtube. But on the 24th, December, 2018, all his theories changed, he finally understood it meant. 

It was 6:30  in the morning when James arrived, he'd walked to a building that was under construction, climbed up, dodging any form of life, perching himself on the top, under neath some ruble for protection against the harsh winds, contemplating if this is a good idea. 

Alex had gone over to James's flat, to try and see if he'd come over for a Christmas dinner since he knew his family wasn't going to be around, but when he got there it was a surprise to open an unlocked door, greeted by silence. He called out, hoping the taller male would respond, wondering why he'd left the flat unlocked.

He decided to call James, hoping for answers. 

"Hello?"

"James! where are you, your flat is unlocked, anybody could have waltzed in, your lucky I came round" Alex chuckles, relieved to hear Jame's voice.

"I uh- wen't out to get some food, I guess I forgot to lock it... You can just leave it like that" James sighs, awaiting his own fate.

"No, no, I can wait till you get back" His voice is so cheerful it hurts Jame's heart. 

"Alex... I'm sorry. I don't know how to put this, I love you, with my body, heart and soul to death"

All is quiet, the wind making the audio fuzzy. 

"James... Where are you?" The tall boy fights back tears. 

"I'm sorry..." James hangs up, putting his phone in his pocket and walking to the edge of the building, staring down at the cars, lights still on, watching as people fight against the wind, going places, doing things with their lives.

He takes a deep breath, tears now visibly spilling out of his eyes, staining his pink cheeks, phone vibrating and lighting up, texts and calls coming in from his friends. Mainly Alex. 

His feet shuffle forward, not seeing anyone he could damage as he lands, he jumps, the wind blowing through his hair, cloths and body, he closes his eyes, awaiting the fall to drain the soul out of his body. 

Soon enough, his body collides with the hard concrete, blood pooling out of his mouth, bones cracking and all consciousness draining from his body, people immediately surround him, covering their mouths and some even gaging, how did they not notice earlier?

911 is called and soon paramedics are taking his body, trying to contain and preserve the miracle thats on the table before them, with a few breathes still in his body, they rush him to the hospital, hooking him up to a lung compressor and stabilizing any broken bones, which is almost all. 

It's a miracle the boy is even alive, let alone his phone, once in the hospital they rush him into surgery, needing to operate immediately on James, nurses grab his phone, calling Alex back. 

"James!"

"Hello, are you close to James?"

"Yes! Who is this? Is he ok?" Alex's voice is desperate, clear worry dripping from every word.

"This is Nurse Mia, James is in hospital right now, I'm going to need to confirm some things with you before we tell you too come"

"Holy shit, yes, can you tell me if he's alright though?"

"He's being operated on now, I don't have the details to confirm anything"

Alex is shaking, trembling, after answering the Nurses questions and calling up James's parents, they finally told Alex the details of the hospital, he's currently seated in the waiting room, friends agreed to come over in a bit, having to sort out things with family first. Alex has been in here for a good 4 hours. 

"Alex Elmslie?"

Alex stands up right away, walking over to the nurse, his own cheeks tear stained and red. 

"Is he alright?"

"He's in a stable condition, you can go see him, he'll be out of it from drugs so no big commotion, are you a boyfriend? brother?" The Nurse asks.

"Just a friend..." Alex mumbles shyly, blushing, a boyfriend would be nice. 

As he enters to ward, he's hit with the most horrific sight, James has tubes sticking out of all places, dosing him up with drugs and fluids, blood stains on bandages but surprisingly only a few broken bones. James lifts his head up, glancing around the room.

Alex quietly walks towards the male, noticing how broken he looks, how much he looked like he wanted to give up. 

"James..." Alex let a tear slip, his heart torn to shreds seeing his best friend and crush in this state. 

"I... love you" He whispers, lifting the non broken hand to grab Alex's, using the last of his energy to tightly grip it before closing his eyes and drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

Luckily Alex wasn't hooked up to the heart monitor because it would have been fried, but Alex stayed, for the rest of the night, sleeping on the chair beside James.

A/N - I can't deal with sad endings.