My Pace pt. 4

(A year ago)

Han Jisung
• Second year high school •

Lee Minho
• Third year high school •

"Jisung, we need to talk"

Minho's training had just ended and instead of heading straight home, he decided to pay his friend a visit.

Right now, the two guys found themselves on swings at a playground near Jisung's home.

"Hyung, it's passed 9 what the heck"

"I'm sorry"

"What?"

Jisung stopped swinging and stared at Minho with confused eyes.

"What are yo-"

"-You love her, don't you?" Minho suddenly says, cutting Jisung off.

"Hyu-"

"-Jisung I'm graduating. And when I do, I can't guarantee that I'll still be by her side."

Minho pauses for a moment, taking a deep breath  before forcing out the next lines.

"Besides it- It was just a fling"

Minho wasn't wrong.
When you both started dating, it wasn't anything serious and despite not talking about it, it was as if you both knew that it wouldn't lead to anything serious.

But of course, he couldn't help but fall deeper along the way which is what led him to calling Jisung out late at night to talk.

When Jisung remains silent, Minho takes this as an opportunity to say what he really wanted to say.

"I know I'm being selfish for asking this favor but you're the only one I can count on.

Please just- just be there for her"

To everyone else, Minho seemed like the typical guy next door who was almost perfect but in reality, once again, he knew that he was a selfish guy.