Voices pt. 5

"Jisung... you didn't have to come see me. Talking over the phone would've been fine" You say with a half-hearted chuckle, still recovering from crying earlier.

You were currently seated on one of the swings in an old playground by your neighborhood. Jisung walks towards you, stopping in front of you before his hands cup your cheeks as he wipes your tears away.

"Of course I had to. I'm your f-"

"-Why are you so nice to me?"

"What?"

"I mean, why do you do all of these things for me? Jisung I'm not worth it"

Jisung's eyes went wide when he realized what you were trying to say. His hands slowly let go of your cheeks and he opted to sit on the swing beside the one you were on.

"I feel bad"

"Why?"

"Because you're here doing everything that you can to cheer me up, being like some superman while I... while I choose to act oblivious to it all"

Then Jisung laughs.
All he can do is laugh out loud at the situation that was happening right now. Despite it being indirect, it was obvious what you were trying to say or ask. It was as if he was forced to confess.

"It is so like you to confront me about my feelings like this"

"Sorry I just-"

"Changbin's been forcing me to confess since forever. And at one point, I actually tried to"

"I know. And I avoided the topic. I'm sorry"

"It's fine... I just... there was never a right time"

"There never is a right time" You say with a bitter chuckle.

Silence fills the air after that.

"Jisung... I just- I don't know if I like you in that way"

"What?" Jisung turns to face you, staring at you with wide eyes.

What were you trying to imply?

"It's just that, you're always there for me and yeah, once and a while my heart skips a beat but I just don't know if I'm mistaking my appreciation for your kind gestures with love and I-"

As you were blabbering on, you didn't realized that Jisung had gotten up from the swing and had knelt in front of you.

And as you spoke, he lifted your chin up with his index finger and thumb then shut you up with a kiss.

It wasn't rough and forceful though.
Neither was it sensual and filled with tension.
It was gentle and soft. It was slow and simple. 

As he deepened the kiss, you both ended up standing, his hands cupping your cheeks and holding you as if you were as if you were as fragile as a porcelain doll while you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

He pulled away, his dazed eyes still on your lips before they trailed to meet your own.

"Jisung..." You muttered, still a little breathless.

"Give me a chance y/n. A chance to be yours. A chance for you to be mine" as he spoke, his hands ended up resting on your hips.

"I might just hurt you in the end"

"I don't care. I love you and I want to make you happy in any way possible. So... will you let me do that?"