My Pace pt. 2

(A year ago)

l/n y/n
• Second year high school •

Lee Minho
• Third year high school •

"I see that you're here, front row once again at another game" Minho said with a smirk as he leaned on the railing, talking to you as the other contestants warmed up.

It was another racing competition. And Lee Minho was known as  one of the best runners, -and most handsome guys in school- making him one of the most popular people with the biggest fanbase on campus.

At first, Minho noticed you because Chan had forced you to watch his game. But now, with Chan or not, Minho noticed how you were always seated at the front row to watch.

"Of course, I gotta have school spirit you know"

Minho hums in reply. "Or maybe it's because you're in love with me, therefore, you're watching every game"

"Psh please! As if" You joke, playfully flicking Minho's forehead.

"Ouch!"

Minho liked you.
It was only on a playful level but he liked you.

You weren't like those fangirls who acted as though they'd die without him but you didn't deny the fact that you were a fan either.

And the way you spoke to him was the same way as how you'd speak to a friend. You didn't talk to him as if he was some god.

"Oh y/n, you're already here"

You and Minho stop the playful banter and turn your attention to Han Jisung. One of Minho's closest friends who took a seat beside you.

After a short conversation with Jisung, Minho turned his attention back to you.

"Hey y/n, let's make a bet"

You arch a brow at Minho's words.

"Today's a big game. So if something other than our school's name is at stake, maybe I'll be more motivated to win"

"Okay... weird but... okay. So what's the bet then?"

"If I win this game, be my girlfriend"