My Pace pt. 8

(A year ago)

l/n y/n

• First year high school •

Kim Seungmin

• First year high school •

Seungmin sighed as he listened to the president talk about the plans for the rest of the school year. Being a part of the student council even though he was just a freshman was tiring work.

It had been a few months since school had started and so far all that he could say was that he was tired.

Recently, he'd be excused in the middle of class for a meetings which would usually end until after classes were over.

And for those past weeks, he'd have to go back to the classroom which was all the way on the other side of the building just to get his things.

It was Monday afternoon, his meeting had just ended and he expected to do the usual routine.

Walk the long, empty hallway to get his damn bag. Enter an already empty classroom, fix his things, get his bag and tiredly walk home alone.

What shocked him though was the moment he exited the meeting room, he saw his classmate, leaning against the wall, earphones plugged in, his bag in her hands as she bobbed her head and hummed to a tune.

The moment your eyes locked with Seungmin's, they instantly lit up and you headed towards him, holding his bag up.

"Uh... l/n y/n... right?" He asked, taking his bag back from you as a wave of confusion painted across his face. 

You and Seungmin weren't really close since it was just the start of the year.
To be frank, Seungmin wasn't that close to anyone in class since he was rarely there because of council work and extra curricular activities.

All he knew about you was your name, age and how you were somewhat one of the chill people in the classroom.

"Yup! And in case you were wondering why I'm here... you left your bag so..."

Seungmin chuckles at how awkward but cute you were as you spoke.

"I always leave it. You didn't have to do this you know" He says with a small smile.

You pout at his words.

"But its late. And the hallway is dark. And... yeah"

"Well... thanks y/n"

"No problem! And since we're both heading home, why don't we walk to the gate together? That way, I can get to know more about our classmate who's rarely there"