Awkward Silence pt. 3

Not long after the first few tutoring sessions with Jeongin and the boy began leaving snacks and cute notes on your desk every morning.

"Jeongin... why-"

"-I-it's my way of saying thank you!" He stutters before turning his attention back to his notes.

You couldn't help but feel your heart grow warm with how much closer you and Jeongin had become and how much he improved.

"You don't have to you know"

"But I want to"

Jeongin's eyes were still on his notes but at the serious tone in his voice made you freeze and simply stare at him.

Feeling your gaze on him, he stared back.

"Yah... Yang Jeongin..."

"I know. I- I know that you don't see me that way. But I want to do these little acts for you so... please let me"

You purse your lips.

"Jeongin I-"

"-Nope! I am not gonna accept any other statements from you today!" Jeongin says with a determined look on his face, puffing his cheeks, crossing his arms over his chest and shaking his head back and forth.

*

"Jeongin, I don't know if you're lucky or cursed" One of Jeongin's friends said as you just passed by their table, ruffling Jeongin's hair before heading to your own table, sitting beside Hwang Hyunjin.

"What?"

"We're talking about how you're close to y/n sunbaenim. I mean she is helping you with our lessons, and is pretty as heck but there are so many rumors about her"

"Well, what'd you expect? She became popular the moment she dated Lee Minho sunbaenim. Not only that but she's seated right beside Hyunjin sunbaenim"

"Although now they say she's dating Jisung sunbaenim"

The exchange of words between Jeongin's friends is too fast but for some reason, that last sentence was so clear.

"WHAT?!" Jeongin screamed, slamming his utensils down on the table.

"SINCE WHEN?"

"Woah chill. People just noticed how the two of them have gotten a lot closer after that Australian transfer student left"

"But I always thought she and Changbin sunbaenim were together. Someone said that they saw him hug her while she was crying on the street once"

Jeongin's friend who initiated the conversation shrugged. "Maybe she's dating both of the-"

"-Don't you ever speak about noona like that!" Jeongin said through gritted teeth, glaring at his friend before walking out, suddenly irritated.