My Pace pt. 9

"Class, I'm sad to say that Lee Felix will no longer be attending school here. He and his family have moved back to Australia"

The teacher announces.
The moment the words leave his lips, almost all eyes are on you.

Your head was hung low and to any other person, it seemed as if you were holding back tears. But if people looked closer, they could see that you were wearing earphones. 

Seungmin stared at you.
Seeing that you weren't listening in class, he already assumed that you knew prior to the announcement that Felix would leave. Maybe you chose not to listen to the announcement.

Seungmin wondered how you felt.
If you were okay.
If you were sad over the fact that Felix had left. 

Because almost everyone in class knew that you had become one of the closest things to a friend for Felix.
The boy was too closed off for people to approach him but there you were.

After a few subjects, the bell had rung, signalling that it was break time. Seungmin was just about to approach to ask if you were okay but just as he was walking towards you, Han Jisung was already by your side.

Your head was down on the table as you sat in place. Jisung was kneeling down beside you as he spoke to you in hushed whispers.

Seungmin sighed.
At that moment he realized that it was just as if he was spectator, a viewer simply  watching a show.