Awkward Silence pt. 4

"Noona are you okay?"

It was just another after-school tutoring session with Jeongin. The younger noticed how silent you seemed and couldn't help but ask if you were okay.

In all honesty, you were far from okay. Too much had already happened since the beginning of the school year and right when your graduation was nearing, even more problems had piled up.

But Jeongin was just this ball of sunshine that you didn't want to dump all of your problems on.

Upon hearing his question, you stopped writing, put your pen down and took a deep breath before facing him with a small smile.

"Of course I'm fine Jeongin~"

And with that reply, you picked your pen up and continued scribbling extra notes by the margin of Jeongin's notebook.

He frowned.
Your smile seemed forced.

"There are rumors circling about you in my year"

"I overheaed from Hyunjin that you defended me from your friends. And I really appreciate it Jeongin, but you don't have to do that"

"But they're spreading lies about you!" Jeongin screams, suddenly slamming his book shut.

The librarian gives you both a warning.

After muttering your apologies you turn to the lower year and take his hands, holding them in your own and rubbing small circles at the back of his palms as you flash him a genuine smile.

"And do you believe those rumors?"

"Of course not noona!"

"Then that's all that matters! As long as you, my close friends and myself know that what they say aren't true then it's  fine. It's not like my grades are dropping or anything. Besides, in a month, I'll be graduating"

Graduation.

Everytime he heard that word, he subconsiously scrunched his nose.

Recently, the word irritated him for some reason.

"Oh right"

From a ball sunshine, Jeongin's words were now dripping with sadness for some reason.

"Jeongin whats wrong?"

"It's just that- in a month, I might not be able to see you anymore"