Insomia pt. 5

"I should really stop trusting you"

You muttered to yourself as Lee Felix, a new transfer student from your school, walked you home from the convenience store.

"What?"

"It's nothing" You mutter, not realizing that he had heard you.

You should have never believed in any of Chan's promises.

After you two had coincidentally met at the convenience store, you exchanged numbers since he had changed his.

Despite that though, neither of you ever texted.

You would both just always go to the convenience store, unsure if the other would be there.

But the night before tonight, Chan had asked you to go the next day because he had something important to say.

Although he never came.

And some men tried to mug you. Luckily, Felix had mysteriously arrived.

*

It was three in the morning.
After Felix had brought you home, you found yourself lying in bed, staring at the ceiling.
You couldn't sleep.

Then, your phone suddenly rings.
You ignore it though.
But it rings again. And again. And ag-

"Who are you and why the fuck are you calling me at three in the fucking morni-"

"-I'm sorry"

You freeze.
You instantly freeze upon hearing his voice.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to go. I- I have no excuses. I'm sorry y/n. I-"

"-I couldn't sleep"

Your dead and hollow voice is enough of a sign for Chan to know that he did fuck up bad this time.

"I couldn't sleep thinking that maybe something was wrong with me. Maybe I was cursed. Maybe I was the only one who saw us as friends. Maybe you were just playing with me. And to top it off, I was worried about you. Chan, a text would've been nice you know" At that point, your voice cracked a few times but you didn't care.

You were too tired to do so.

"y/n I'm sorr-"

"-don't" For some reason, Chan's heart stopped for a moment upon hearing what you said.

"What?"

"You'll keep on apologizing. I'll keep forgiving you. And- and trusting you. And if something happens again, that's more sleepless nights for me. Chan I-" You don't even bother to hide your sobs and choked up voice anymore.

"You're one of the most important people to me... But if only I feel that way, then it's better off if we cut ties"

The other end of line goes silent once you've said your piece.
And it's defeaning.
And it scares you. Because if he does what you think he's about to do, then all of the things you've been dreading and feeling insecure about will be true.

"Thank you.

For everything.

And y/n,

I'm sorry."

And Chan ends the call.