Awkward Silence pt. 2

To say that Jeongin felt awkward as you sat beside him in the library, shoulders touching, notes laid out in front of you both, was an understatement.

The stares and whispers that people were giving didn't help either.
Why were they staring?

Jeongin simply tried to shrugged it off.

Yang Jeongin wasn't a socialite.
That was it.
He didn't hate you. And if he was to admit it, he really did need help with Mr. Wang's class.

But he just didn't know how he would socialize with a higher year, who for some reason was also a really cute girl who was super kind.

"So... you might be wondering why I suddenly approached you" You suddenly said, turning to face the lower year.

"Actually yeah. I told mr. Wang that I was fine" Jeongin immediately cursed under his breath. Why did he say that?! It was as if he was indirectly telling you that he didn't like to have lessons with you which wasn't the case.

"I just- I used to suck at this subject. And I know how it feels to feel stupid and shit. And you need help, I have free time so why not"

When you flash Jeongin a smile, his stomach did flips.

"I- um... thank you"

"Don't sweat it-"

"-and sorry"

You furrow your brows. "Why?"

"Cause I'm so bad at all this!" He said, suddenly gesturing to the air around you both. "And earlier I basically said that I didn't want lessons even though I really needed it. Wahhhhh. I hate myself"

Towards the end of his statement, Jeongin messed his hair up in frustration.

And out of everything he did, there was only one thing on your mind.

"Yah! Yang Jeongin who gave you persmission to act so cute!" You suddenly say, pinching his cheeks.

"I just wanna wrap you in a blanket an keep you forever!"

His eyes go wide.
Then he laughed.

Then he smiled at your gestures.