Awkward Silence pt. 1

"Jeongin I need to speak with you after class"

Jeongin slammed his head on the table right after the words slipped his teacher's lips.

He really was going to fail Mr. Wang's class.

Right after the class ended, Jeongin didn't wait to be called anymore and headed straight out of the room.

"Jeongin... Is there something wrong? I heard from your other teachers that you're doing fine in their classes so why?" Mr. Wang asks with a worried expression.

Jeongin swallows the non-exsistant lump in his throat before he speaks.

"I just- I really have a hard time absorbing your lectures sir. I'm sorry"

Mr. Wang shakes his head at the boy's word before he pauses for a moment, as if thinking of something.

"What about this: I have a student, she's a year higher and she did pretty well in class last year. What about we hook you up for some tutoring?"

"WHAT!? NO WAY- I MEAN- ehem" Jeongin clears his throat for a moment, composing himself.

"I'm sorry sir but I- I'm fine. I don't think I need a tutor"

"It's fine. I'll respect that. But please try to perform better in my class"

"I will sir. Thank you"

*

It was lunch break the next day.
Jeongin was currently enjoying lunch with a few friends, laughing to one of their jokes when all of the sudden, someone slides a lunch tray in front of his.

"Mind if I sit here?"

Their laughter dies down and Jeongin looks up to see this really cute girl.
His cheeks feel hot and he works hard to stutter out an answer.

"N-no. Have a seat"

"Thanks. I'm l/n y/n"

"I'm Yang Jeongin"

"I know. And from today on wards, we're going to study English together after classes" You said, flashing him a bright smile.