Insomia pt. 4

(A year ago)

l/n y/n
• Second year high school •

Bang Chan
Third year high school

"So... I force you to watch a game once and you and Minho are now dating?" Chan says, shaking his head at the thought as you two walked around campus at night.

You were never really a morning person, but you didn't stay up too late either. Although after accompanying your friend in school a few times as he worked on his research may have turned you nocturnal.

"Jealous?" You tease.

"I'm just glad that Minho's happy. Would you believe me if I said he's never had a partner... ever"

You stop dead in your tracks.

"No way"

Chan simply hums in response. "Yup. He seems all mister popular but he's new to all of this as well"

You could only nod your head at Chan's words.

And silence fills the air after that.
Although unlike the first time when you  both met, this is a comfortable kind of silence.

"You know, I never thought that I'd be friends with a higher year. Let alone even date one. But you existed. And then Minho happened and-

You pause. For some reason, loneliness flooded your thoughts.

The mood suddenly shifts from something light to serious and it's suffocating.

"You won't disappear right?" You suddenly ask, turning to face Chan and looking at him with worried eyes.

"I mean, you'll go to college but-"

"-Hey hey hey calm down!" Chan steps closers, placing his hands on your shoulders and patting them.

"We'll keep in touch. Trust me y/n"