Fluff

You were laying on the couch, your back against Dabi's chest. You both were quiet, and Dabi was just fiddling with your hair. He was probably braiding it again, but you didn't mind. You liked it when he did small things like that. Just small touches and small things, they were your favorite. You didn't want much from him, or really anyone for that matter. You were content.

You had been feeling this way for a while now and it seemed to be becoming a more permanent state of mind. You hoped it would. You were tired in trying to survive your own brain. And still, there was something nagging at you.

"Hmmm" you sighed.

"Something wrong?" Dabi asked.

"I'm not sure" you huffed.

He just scoffed softly and went back to fiddling with your hair.

Dabi had noticed how relaxed you'd been for the last few months. He was glad that you'd gotten past that dark phase you usually had in the late winter, and that you seemed to be happier than he had seen you in a long time. He liked you even more like this. It was like you weren't trying to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders anymore.

"Hey Dabi"

"Hmm?" he asked, still in his thoughts.

"I love you" you said with a smile in your voice, looking up so you could see him behind you.

Dabi looked down at you now that you'd bent your head back all the way. You were smiling like a dork, and he couldn't help but smile back.

"I love you too" he mumbled and kissed your forehead.