Chapter 5: Behind those smiles

"(y/n) ! Let's go take a mission !"

Kuroshiro grinned,dragging you to the mission board. You looked up,blinking. Kuroshiro paused for a while,before adjusting his glasses and taking one from the medium section. "Twins. Twin kishins." He blinked,puffing his cheeks slightly before looking at you. "Interested ?"

You smirked. "Of course." You crossed your arms. Kuroshiro cheered a bit. "Nice ! Let's go tell Lord Death !" He took your hand,then started running.

As you both entered the Death Room,Lord Death greeted you with his comical voice. It was weird,because from the stories you heard,he was scary. "Hello~!" Lord Death greeted. Kuroshiro smiled,bowing. "Good morning !" He greeted back. You just smiled,waving slightly.

"So… You both plan on taking a mission,huh ?"

"Yep !"

Kuroshiro handed the mission he took. Lord Death took a look,before slightly nodding. "Well… It's fine. But you still need assistance cause you both are newbies." Lord Death gave the mission back,then clasped his waffle hands together. "I'll go call Blackstar and Tsubaki cause Blackstar's soul force ability can be an advantage."

"WHAT ?!"

You exclaimed,making both of the males look at you. "Hmm ? (y/n)-chan ?" Kuroshiro blinked. "Something wrong ?" Lord Death asked. You paused,then sighed.

"N-nothing…"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hah ! I bet you won't finish this mission without me !"

Blackstar chuckled. You facepalmed,getting tired of his sh*t. "Just shut up…"

"How did you and (y/n) meet ?" Tsubaki asked,looking at Kuroshiro. Kuroshiro smiled. "It was funny. I saw her kicking some pervert's ass all by herself. I found her ability interesting so I helped her out,then made friends and partners." He slightly chuckled. Tsubaki blinked. "Really ?"

"Yep !" Kuroshiro did his cheeky grin. Tsubaki smiled,looking at you and Blackstar. "Ya know… I kinda think they'd make a cute couple…" She commented,shrugging. Kuroshiro blinked,then stared at you both.

"I can win this without you !"

"No ! Lord Death called me to help you cause he doesn't trust your skills !"

"Me and Kuroshiro are newbies ! That's the only reason !"

Kuroshiro blinked for a while,then smiled. "Yeah… I guess." He shrugged,but behind that smile was a frown. He never knew how to make other expressions than cheery ones and smiles,but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt him. Of course,the three years of being with you made him have feelings. He maybe a crazy person for everyone else,but he's still someone who can love.

Him and Tsubaki silently walked behind you and Blackstar. And of course,your yelling sessions with him won't stop.

Suddenly,something bright caught Kuroshiro's eyes. His turned his head to the side,his glasses gleaming slightly as he saw the hiding enemy's glowing eyes from aside. You and Blackstar were busy yelling around,and the kishin was ready for attack.

Kuroshiro grinned,taking his glasses off. He puffed his cheeks slightly then folded the glasses,slipping it in his pocket. He smirked,his green eyes staring at you and you can feel his eyes doing so.

"(y/n). Weapon form,now."