Chapter 16: Pills

"So… How's the punishment ?"

Kuroshiro giggled,looking at you. You shot him a glare. "Traitor. It wasn't even good at all ! That Blackstar was an idiot !" You grumbled. Kuroshiro laughed. "Sorry. Tsubaki gave me a lollipop to make me tell Stein."

"J-just for a lollipop ?!"

"Yep ! It was coca-cola flavored !"

You rolled your eyes,sighing. Kuroshiro just giggled again.

Minutes later,he quieted down. He was feeling strange… Stranger than earlier.

That morning in classes,when you were in a room with Blackstar because of the 'punishment',he was feeling strange. His heartbeat was slightly faster than usual,and it's louder. He can hear it in his ears now.

And he was having chest pains. He was suspecting that it was from the black blood,but he didn't want to speak up to you. He doesn't want to startle you.

You blinked,stopping when you heard rustles. Kuroshiro shot looks around,hearing the same thing.

Then the unexpected came. A kishin jumped out from the bushes. Kuroshiro jumped backwards,snapping his fingers at you. You gave a nod,turning into weapon form.

He grinned,placing his fingers in his glasses. But he was thinking twice from removing it. Black blood is in his veins,and it can drive him insane if he takes his glasses off.

"Kuroshiro ? What's wrong ? Aren't you taking your glas—" "He's not worth it." Kuroshiro said plainly,using it as an excuse. He spun you around,then charged at the kishin.

The kishin lunged at him. It was using a lot of blades (which were from it's limbs). It swung at Kuroshiro,who just ducked and swept it off of it's feet. "I have no time for this bullsh*t !" He yelled,jumping upwards and doing a quick slash.

The kishin quickly died. It turned to a red soul. Kuroshiro tossed you sidewards,letting you change back to your human form. He took the soul,smiling cheekily as he turned to you. "What number ?" He asked. You smiled,taking it. "10." You shrugged. Yep,you both started taking souls even though you both still aren't a part of the academy.

"Nice." Kuroshiro grinned. But he was still distracted. His heartbeat does. It's still fast… He wants to know why.

"Let's go home." You smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Kuroshiro,you have to resonate with (y/n). In today's lesson,I have to teach everyone how."

Stein sighed. Kuroshiro shook his head. "I can't. I don't want to put (y/n) in danger by passing black blood to her…" He sighed sadly. "I'm sorry…"

Stein placed a hand on his shoulder. "I knew you'd say that." He smiled,pulling something from his pocket. "I made this for you." He handed a small container full of white pills inside. "It can stop the black blood from passing to (y/n) when you both resonate."

Kuroshiro smiled,holding his hand out to reach it. "Tha—" "Don't be so happy. It has a consequence." Stein looked serious,taking the container behind his back. "It can block the black blood,but your life and sanity will be in danger. This pill can awaken that demon inside you cause I used a bit of madness. It was the only thing that can stop the black blood." He sighed. Kuroshiro's smile faded. "H-huh…"

"But taking one pill a day is fine. You'll just throw up a bit of blood after 3 hours of taking this pill. The madness will join the blood you threw up and it won't affect you." He explained. He paused for a while,then stared at him seriously. "Overdosing with this pill can bring great danger. Are you sure you're responsible enough to take this ?" He asked,holding the container out. Kuroshiro paused,before giving a serious look back. He gave a nod,taking the container.

"I'm sure."