Chapter 21: Chance

"Kuroshiro !"

You yelled,looking for him. You ran around the empty halls,in case that your meister is still in the library.

"(y/n)-chan ?"

You stopped,turning around. Kuroshiro blinked innocently,clutching your books tightly to his chest. "Where were you all day ? You and Blackstar-kun missed classes..." He asked with a worried tone.

You ran to him,panting. You gripped his shoulders,looking up at him with a worried face. "What are those pills ? Tell me !"

Kuroshiro looked startled. You shook him hardly,staring at his eyes. He looked away,avoiding your gaze. "W-what pills...?"

"Don't lie to me ! What are those for ?!"

Kuroshiro looked startled at your voice. His eyes shot wide,before they started wavering. His breaths started to hitch,as small hiccups started forming.

Your eyes shot wide also. You calmed yourself down,sighing as you slowly lessened your grip. Kuroshiro's green eyes trembled,then tears started streaming down his eyes.

"I-I don't want to tell you... I-I can't... Y-you'll get scared,y-you'll quit being partners with me..."

Kuroshiro frowned. His crybaby nature seemed to be cute,but in these situations,it's not. He always cry everytime someone yells at him. You sighed,placing your arms around his neck and pulling him to a hug. He silently cried,but he was doing his best to calm himself down.

You pulled away,cupping his cheeks and wiping his tears. "I'm sorry,I was just tired... I didn't mean to yell..." You sighed. Kuroshiro gave a nod,sniffling slightly.

You looked up at him,taking your hands back. "What's wrong ? Are you sick ? Why do you have to drink those pills ?" You asked,going beside him and taking your books. Kuroshiro sighed,shoving his hands in his pockets. He kept quiet,looking down. You sighed,placing your hand under his chin and making him face you.

"You trust me,right ?"

Kuroshiro blinked,before nodding silently.

"Then tell it. I won't leave you." You smiled warmly. Kuroshiro paused,before looking back down and sighing. "Fine..." He mumbled,before looking back forward.

"...I have black blood.."

You blinked,pausing. "You... Have black blood...?"

Kuroshiro gave a nod. "I was an experiment by Medusa since I was six. I had black blood before,but I sealed it away with my soul. I escaped exactly on that day when I first met you.."

"I never resonated with you because I'm scared that it will transfer to you. When we fought that kishin who wounded my side,the black blood flowed back again and Stein knows it..." Kuroshiro sighed. You kept quiet,listening. "And he gave me that pill. He said that it can stop the black blood from transfering to you when we resonate,but it has a bit of madness."

"Wait,madness ?!"

"Yep. But it'll be removed because the pill makes me throw up blood after three hours of taking a pill. The amount of madness mixed up in the blood so i'll be fine."

Kuroshiro smiled gently. You looked at him,then sighed. "Well... If that's it... Okay then..." You shrugged slightly. Kuroshiro blinked,then mindlessly said another thing.

"Uhm... There's another one..."

You turned to him. "What is it ?"

"I love you."

"A-ah..." Kuroshiro blushed lightly,looking away. "Uhm... I forgot... N-nevermind..." He mumbled. You blinked,furrowing your eyebrows before shrugging. "Well... Okay." You smiled,humming and started skipping forward. Kuroshiro stared at you,watching.

"That was a chance." Kuro whispered in him. Kuroshiro sighed. "It's pretty useless... I'll get rejected at the end." He thought. Kuro sighed. "You should atleast try."

"I better not. I'll just destroy our friendship." Kuroshiro started walking after you.

"It's better this way..."