Chapter 36: Sorry

"Blackstar ? Hey,it's already late in the night. Where are yo—"

"Later,Tsubaki. Later !"

Blackstar yelled,running outside.

He sprinted to the empty streets,the night breeze blowing and giving his bare arms a bit of chills. He gritted his teeth,taking a swift turn to the right. He skidded,then continued his sprint.

He panted as soon as he got near you and your partner's house. At the distance,he can already see Kuroshiro's figure. Holding a katana,which he assumed is you.

He stopped in a small distance in front of him,panting. Your face flashed in the blade,mouthing a don't hurt him at him. Blacksthr looked at you and gave a nod,looking at Kuroshiro.

"Where's your weapon ?" Kuroshiro spinned the katana. "You do know what happened,right ?"

"Yeah,but I don't want to hurt you. First,you're holding my girlfriend. And second,you're a friend of mine." Blackstar went into a fighting stance. "I'll just do a hand-to-hand combat so I won't hurt you that much."

Kuroshiro growled lowly,holding the katana handle tightly. "Stop saying she's your girlfriend !" He glared,running to him. Blackstar got ready to duck or dodge,keeping his guard up.

"Do you know how I f*cking hate it when you two get all close and stuff ?!" Kuroshiro raged,doing a lot of slashes. Blackstar dodged each one of them,grunting slightly.

"The way she smiles with you ?! You think I like it when she does it because of you ? No !"

Kuroshiro's rage continued. As you watched in your weapon form,you can't help but to get confused.

"And the way I was such a coward,I wasn't even able to tell her anything ?! You think I like fighting over my fears and seeing you both all close ? I don't ! I never did !"

Blackstar did backflips,landing on his feet. He breathed heavily,looking at him. "Huh…"

"Kuroshiro…"

"Stay the hell out of this !" Kuroshiro tightened his grip to the katana.

"All I did was to risk my f*cking life ! Hoping for a happy ending of mine !"

You frowned slightly,looking up at him. Kuroshiro started shaking,obviously trying to take in his sobs.

"And you,since you came,it all shattered to pieces ! You got me ?"

Blackstar looked startled. He blinked slightly,seeming to get confused than he was before. "Wait,what…"

Kuroshiro looked away,panting slightly as his red eyes started to fade. "If you didn't come,maybe I got (y/n)…" He bit his lip,before turning back to him angrily,the red in his eyes getting stronger.

"And if you die,maybe I still have a chance !"

You and Blackstar looked startled. Your face flashed in the blade,looking up at your meister. "Look,killing won't get you anywh—"

"I said stay out of this !"

Kuroshiro glared darkly,sending his wavelength at you. Sure,it matched,but the madness in it made you flinch.

"(y/n) !" Blackstar growled,sparking his wavelength in his hands. "I know this isn't you,but I can't afford anymore of this !" He started running to him. Kuroshiro growled,sending the spike from his wrist at him. "Stay away !"

Kuroshiro yelled. It made a small cut in Blackstar's cheek,but he still kept going.

"Blackstar,do—"

"I'm sorry !"