Chapter 38: You're Not Alone

Kuroshiro stared at you,before chuckling.

"You're… Here ?"

He started laughing,making you confused. You slowly dropped your hand,looking at him.

"Oh yeah ? What about those times ?"

He stopped his laughter,turning it to an angered look. You blinked,watching him.

"You're only here because I'm in this state. You never cared for me."

His fists started clenching. You looked surprised,eyes widening slightly. "N-no… That's not—"

"True ? Stop lying !"

Kuroshiro yelled in rage. Blackstar wanted to step in,but the pain in his chest was weakening him. The took his shirt off,then used it to stop his bleeding.

"I've never been a choice to everyone. I'm only an option in everyone's eyes… My parents,Medusa… You're just like them !"

You saw his eyes water up. You frowned,watching his tears roll on his cheeks. "I thought my miserable life changed when I met you… I f*cking love you… I did everything for you…"

He looked down,glancing away as he started sobbing. "I've always been alone… Hell yeah,I'm an experiment made by a witch. I'm an insane beast. A demon in everyone's eyes… And you're the only one who made me think I'm something else…"

"Behind those smiles… You think I'm happy ? You think I like the way you ignore me and the things I do for you ? You think I don't get hurt everytime you leave and go with someone else ? You think I'm just a childish b*tch who never got sad ? You think ?!"

You looked down,feeling sad for him. He was right. You actually noticed how he cared for you,but you brushed it off…

Kuroshiro faked a laugh,smirking darkly. He wiped his tears off,giving you an evil glare. "And the hurt and sadness inside me gave freedom in this side of mine… Pushed me to my edge. I don't care anymore. Feel guilty. I don't give a damn. Just like you when it comes to me…"

Your breath started to hitch,feeling your heart shatter and land in your stomach at his words. But you did your best not to cry. You held the pair of his glasses in your hands,taking all of your courage to step closer to him.

"This is the real me,(y/n). This is the real side of me. The real Kuroshiro Tarinai,the complete opposite of what I pretend to be."

......

"(y/n) !"

......

You stared downwards,watching his blades made from his black blood sink through your stomach. You slightly flinched,but you gritted your teeth to take the pain.

Soon,the blades retracted and disappeared. Kuroshiro turned around,shoving his hands in his pockets and mumbling something you weren't able to understand.

He was starting to walk away. You squeezed your eyes shut,trying to stop the spinning sensation you were feeling in your head. You gathered all your strength to walk after him,and take his hand.

Kuroshiro paused,glaring as he turned to you. You started panting,but you couldn't care about it for now. You shakily raised your hands,unfolding the glasses as you slowly reached his face.

Kuroshiro froze,startled. He watched you place the glasses over his eyes,making him look the same way as he used to. Except for the eyes.

You were shaking terribly because of the wound you had. But you managed to make a warm smile at him,slowly slipping out of your consciousness. You placed your arms around him for a tight hug,his eyes widening as he heard your words.

"You're not alone… I-I'm…"

And with your second sentence unfinished,you fell limp in his arms as you finally fell unconscious.