Chapter 23

Lol when I asked who's gonna kiss in the last chapter I did not expect you all to say yoonkook.
I was just trying to depict Yoongi's character but it kinda went wrong.

Also, pls don't hate on Kook's friends. I think I messed up the last chapter.

P.S. you guys still couldn't guess right.

"I'm so upset. I need to eat," Jungkook slammed his hands on his desk, startling Yugyeom who was sat beside him eating chips, and stood up.

The sound of the chair sliding against the floor—along with Jungkook's booming voice—made Bambam look up from where he was laid out on Jungkook's bed, reading a book. Youngjae, who was sat on the edge of Jimin's bed, looked unaffected as he scrolled down his phone, his earphones effectively blocking all other sounds.

"Wh-what happened?" Yugyeom asked, his voice muffled, as he kept on chewing the fistful of chips his mouth was currently occupied with. He got no reply in return as Jungkook started moving around his room, heading to his closet.

The commotion in the room caught Youngjae's attention, and he paused the music on his phone before lifting his head up to look at the scene in front of him. He especially got curious when he saw Jungkook rummaging inside his closet, and felt confused as to why Jungkook was not at his desk when they had clearly gathered in his room to study.

"Where are you going, Jungkook?" Yugyeom asked again, successfully eliciting a response from him this time. "I'm hungry. I'm going out to buy something."

"Just borrow some snacks from Yugyeom. He has been eating since he came here," Youngjae said, shrugging his shoulders, and Yugyeom stopped munching momentarily.

"I-I just ate the last packet," Yugyeom confessed, and Youngjae rolled his eyes at him, "you should have asked me earlier."

While they were busy conversing, Jungkook had already put on a sweatshirt, and ruffled up his hair to look a little presentable.

After a couple of hours of being crammed up in his room to study in order to take his mind off of things, Jungkook had realised that he was doing it wrong, and that nothing could distract him from his thoughts about what had happened earlier in the cafeteria. Except, for food maybe, because Jungkook was an emotional eater, and he was sure that after feasting on some foodstuffs, he'd feel totally fine again.

After Yoongi had rescued him from the humiliation he had faced at Taehyung's hands, Jungkook had attended his remaining classes in complete silence, and hadn't bothered to even look at anyone who had started snickering whenever they had seen him.

The incident had been profusely mortifying for him, and his friends gushing and bickering around him had not helped at all.

Jungkook understood that the entire episode had them guilt tripping, but honestly speaking, no one had—or could have—imagined that Taehyung's friends would do something like that to him—purposely telling him to sit on a withering chair only to laugh at him when the inevitable had happened. It was borderline bullying.

Jungkook knew his friends hadn't meant any of that to happen—they couldn't have even imagined it. They had just wanted to see through the plan because they knew that Jungkook lacked the motivation to do it, especially when the entire plan necessitated him to get out of his comfort zone. What had followed Bambam's insistent demands had been awful, and was unintentional on his friends' part.

And never in his thoughts did Jungkook blame his friends—but him vocalising it hadn't been enough as Bambam had offered profuse apologies— and when he had finally stopped, he had stopped talking completely, not even being able to look Jungkook in the eye.