Chapter 18 - Operating

We woke up early and went off to do our morning routines as normal. Healthy living helps you live longer, you know? I went downstairs but Blake wasn't there, might be still sleeping. I minded my own business and did my morning  routine, first eating my breakfast, then shower, then change my clothes.

I started to go to the chamber where we do our experiments. I went ahead and gathered up all of the materials that I was going to need for this operation. I prepared the Assistant as well and asked it about Blake's condition.

'Have you seen Blake?' I asked it. Right about this moment, robots might know more than humans for all I care.

'She was asleep, but she is now eating her meal in the dinning room.' it answered. Good, she might be feeling okay after that stressful mission on Cerberus.

I started to listen back to the recording of my father and followed its directions, while trying to avoid any mistakes.

'First, you must direct the Cobalt Bar at the loophole. It must not be as far as 5 km away, otherwise, it may not reach.' the recording said. Okay, I can handle that. I prepared the equipment and went to the roof of the laboratory. 

'Next, you have to connect the Magnet to the Cobalt Bar. The North Pole of the Magnet must be directed at the dwarf planet, this is so if any mistakes occur, the debris that tries to re-enter will be injected out to that planet.' the recording said. I can do that too, but I might get a small chunk out of that Magnet, you know, for safety measures.

'Lastly, you have to charge the Magnet and the Cobalt Bar with the Solar Storm energy. If everything goes to plan, your body will be deteheriorized as you enter the loophole. There's been a theory that if you entered another universe, that universe and your original universe will be eternally linked. This means that whatever matter exits a universe, it will end up at the other universe.' it said, and then it struck me. Will I still be alive if I end up back at my place, or will I be dead?

'If a disturbance from other universes occur, they will be transported to the Magnet's North Pole and the entity will be transported to the dwarf planet. You must carry a strong Magnet with a Magnetic Field so you will be safe around the Electromagnetic Rays in the Cosmos Tunnel. I recommend that you use a rubber container while you're in the tunnel so you won't attract any magnetic sources. Just remember to make the container sturdy and hard to crack open. Good luck, and remember son, I love you.' were its final words to me.' it said. This is going to be a very difficult operation, but we have to do it.

'What are you doing up here? It's so early in the morning.' Blake asked me as the elevator doors open up. 

'I finished up the machine. I am going home.' I responded.

'Don't forget, Jack, that the other you is out there. Who knows what it has been doing? I'm going to go check it at the Desegradable Space Telescope.' she said. Jeez, she just got up here and she's already going down. One problem I have to fix though, I have to bind all of these materials together and charge them both with sufficient energy. Too much will burn me, too less will not be enough to go back. I have to do the math.

Blake checked up on the telescope to see what is happening. She checked the recording for the past 102 hours of the footage, and looked at the other monitor which displays the current events taking hold.

'It looks like Jack in this realm is killing a lot of people, why can't they kill him though?' were the thoughts circulating around Blake's head. She watches deeper.

'Give me the Chromosome X, or there will be consequences!' Jack said.

'Chromosome X? But that contains a virus which is extremely aggressive towards tissues, no one will withstand its effects.' the biologist answered back.

'That's the point.' Jack said as he kills the biologist with his weapon. 'I guess I'll find it myself. You're too much talk.' he said to the biologist as he breathes in his final air.

'What is he trying to do with that Chromosome? This is going to be dangerous, but I have to do something.' Blake thought. She prepares a highly charged photon laser which can heat up matter at a Super Nova level. She plans to hit Jack with it and it might be enough to nullify the Chromosome X that he took.

'No hard feelings, Jack, but this is for my family.' she said moments later and activated the laser. It is travelling at 80 light years per second. At this rate, it will travel there quickly, that she might not be able to direct it at Jack. However, she did the math about the coordinates of Jack's location and this might just hit.

'What is this weird sensation of heat?' Jack asks himself. He looks up and saw a purple line, illuminating the bright sky. He was able to dodge it, but the Chromosome X didn't. 

Blake was content about the results.

'Hey, what have you been doing?' I asked Blake.

'I just hit him with a laser. I missed, but the Chromosome X didn't.' Blake told me. Chromosome X? What?!

'Do you know what Chromosome X is?' I asked her.

'No.'

'It possesses one of the most powerful DNA Coding in the whole universe. It can kill and disintegrate any form of matter, and God forbid it touch a living thing.' I answered back.

'I killed it with a Super Nova temperature laser. It might mutate, but its dead.' Blake told me. We've tried everything we know to kill that Chromosome but it kept fighting back. 

'My sources suggest that he is trying to start a World War with his equipment, sir.' the Assistant said.

'What? How can you say that?' I asked.

'He plans on getting America to fight Afghanistan. He now possesses several sources of nukes, explosives, viruses, strong bacteria, and poisonous gas.' it responded. Why is he doing this? What are his plans? Why?

'We have to get back home, as soon as possible. Assistant, prepare for our departure. Blake, let's go fix the equipment we're going to use. I'll prepare the rubber container.' I said.

If the other me is trying to start a World War and succeeds, he will emit so much radiation that any form of life will die, including his own. If the radiation from his plans reaches the sun, we're doomed. This is how important we have to go back as soon as possible. I don't even know what I'm going to do if I go back there. 

'Do you have any plans of stopping him?' Blake asked me.

'No, but I'll figure it out.' 

'I'll keep monitoring his actions.'

'By the way, good job on killing that Chromosome.'