Chapter 5 - Finding Plan B

I woke up the next morning, barely remembering that I skipped dinner. I just knew because my stomach hurts from starvation. I got up the bed, I'm not going to say 'my' because it's mine. Me, as a responsible citizen of the world, did something good already, just kidding, I just fixed and rearranged the bed, pillows back to where it belongs and the blanket to where it should be. I looked at the clock beside my bed and saw that it was already 9:50 AM. Boy, if I don't get breakfast soon, I might pass out, although I did just wake up.

'Jack? Are you awake? You've been sleeping for 10 hours! You need to eat.' a woman's voice said. I already recognized that it was Blake, so I responded back.

'Yeah, I just woke up. I'm going to head downstairs, just wait for me there.' I said, fixing myself up. I really didn't bring any clothes here, oh dear. I heard footsteps going downstairs and I remembered the walk I had to do to go back down, damn, I'm going to be dead by the time I reach the ground, I might just roll my body and hope for the best, no, that's suicide.

I mentally prepared myself as I look at the stairs, after a few signs of stress, I started to walk down. Step, by step, by step. I'm going to be 50 years old by the time I finish this. After a few years, oh wait, I exaggerated, after a few minutes, I reached the bottom of the stairs. I need to get used to this. Suddenly, I saw an Elevator Door opened, expecting that it was just a door. It was actually an Elevator, Travis was inside of it. So that means that I wasted a few minutes of my life climbing the stairs when I can just use the Elevator, I didn't even see the upper door from upstairs, where was it? Oh well, at least now I know that there is an elevator here now.

I just realized that the 1st floor is tall, like 50 feet tall. This is the first time I looked up at the ceiling, this sure damn is why the stairs are so long. I can just about see some chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, I hope those won't fall.

'Hi, Jack.' Travis said, greeting me. I looked at him and I can see this judgmental stare, looking at me like I'm crazy probably because I was staring at the ceiling the whole time.

'Hello, nice day isn't it? Didn't know that this place had an Elevator.' I told him. His stare relaxed, I felt nervous from that.

'Oh, you know what an Elevator is. I didn't expect that because you were from another world.' Travis told me, which then makes sense.

'Yeah, we have those in mine.' I responded.

He smiled, maybe of humor and walked towards a door, 'Let's go eat breakfast, I haven't eaten either.' he said. I followed him to the kitchen and I saw Blake was preparing our breakfasts.

'There you go boys, eat up.' Blake said. I was expecting alien food but I was surprised that they ate the same food as back in my world, I really need to think that they are humans too and not aliens.

'Thank you.' I said. I started munching on the Bacon and Eggs, drinking some Milk in the process. It was delicious.

After a few minutes of chewing, swallowing and repeat, oh wait, that's called eating, we finished. Travis placed the dishes in a machine which can automatically clean the plates, handy. I then, for the first time, went to the Elevator and used it to go up. I can't believe that each floor is 50 feet tall and they only have 2 floors. Is this a palace? I hope not, this is a laboratory. After I exited the Elevator, I went back to the Desegradable Space Telescope Room. Before I entered, Blake exited the Elevator I was just in.

'Hey, what are you up to today?' Blake asked while walking in my direction.

'I'm just going to see if I can find another way to get back to my home. My dad worked on the Grand Element + Arcanium Formula before he passed away but he did give us another backup plan in case it didn't work. I need to see if that is doable here.' I discussed. I remember how my father told us the procedures in the hospital. He used all his strength just to get that information to me.