Chapter 31 - No Other Way

'You know, we can contact Travis about our situation.' Blake said. That statement shocked me. The dude literally tried to get us killed.

'Why will he even help us? Is he even alive?' I asked. This idea is getting more and more absurd and I don't like it. It's as if every available option to us is another risk where something worse can happen. Maybe letting Jack V2 succeed is our only choice now. It's the only way we can avoid any more consequences.

'We can blackmail him to do what we want.' Blake said. He grabbed something from her bag and took it out. 'I have this.'

'What exactly is that?' Dr. Travis asked while looking at the device she's holding. It looks like a tablet.

'It contains the instructions from his plant experiments. It's basically a prediction of what his creation will become. It was created by the other mankind people.' Blake said. She turned the tablet on and revealed everything. 'He doesn't even know I have it. All he knows is that it's already destroyed.' she follows. Her plan might actually work. It has a high possibility of succeeding, but I still have my doubts.

'What if he kills us as well?' I asked.

'Simple. The laser won't work on you. It's set to destroy our dimension's genetic structure. Once you get into contact with it, it will literally burn your DNA. However, DNA here and DNA from my dimension is obviously different. Ours evolved more than yours, no offense.' she said. If we do this, she'll risk killing herself!

'What if he uses other lasers? One that can destroy this planet?' I asked her.

'He simply can't. The lasers were invented by me, and I am the only one who knows the password to the program. Without the password, it simply won't work.' she said. This plan is slowly sounding better and better. This is turning out to be possible, after all.

'We should do this now. We don't have any more time, nor options. Contact him while we have the time.' Dr. Williams said.

'Here goes nothing.'

Blake activated the device. It seems to be buffering while emitting noise and a small amount of light. I think it's trying to connect to the other dimension, but what if it contacts the other ones? This could mean trouble. Well, then again, this is the only available option.

'Will it take long before it connects?' Dr. Williams said, beginning to be impatient while waiting. 'If it takes too long, who knows how much time we have left before Jack V2 comes back? This is not good.' he follows.

'Calm down, Dr. Williams. Just imagine how many light-years that other dimension is away from us, and plus, that's a fairly compact device. Give it some time.' I said. I can't assure him that it will work, but it has to.

After a few more minutes, the device shined green light. Have we reached it?

'Got it in contact. Now to communicate with Travis.' Blake said. We're through! I wonder what's taking Jack V2 so long to catch back up to us.

'I don't feel secure. I think we need a defense system just so we can protect ourselves a bit, you know?' Dr. Williams said as the breeze of cold air swept through. We are pretty exposed right now, both from the elements and from ambushes.

'Okay. Tell you what. I'll get the Assistant to make a wall and a roof around us while we wait, okay? After it recovers from the damage it took from Jack V2. It won't take long, don't worry. It's almost done.' I replied to his concerns. I think we are distracting Blake from focusing on her device. I looked at her and motioned to Dr. Williams to stay silent. The Assistant started to surround us in a protective layer with a few shooters in every direction. Cameras were positioned outside and we can see everything using our monitors inside.