Chapter 24 - Assault

In the middle of a war, strategies and anticipation of the enemy's plan are the crucial aspects of winning. Never let your guard down, anyone can be a spy, anyone can set you up, and anyone can kill you without any suspicion. Explosions can happen anywhere and anytime, no room for letting your guard down, no moment where you can truly feel safe.

'Where are we going?' I ask Dr. Williams. He seems to be concentrating on the road as we walk in silence.

'We have to go back to the unconscious soldiers that you battled with earlier. We need to get their uniforms.' he answered back at me without looking. He seems to be very eager to get their uniforms. I really wonder why. We have tricks up our sleeves and yes he doesn't know it yet, but we can manage without them. 

'What do you want with the uniforms? What does it have that we don't?' Blake asks beside me.

'I know you guys have things more than my knowledge, I even saw a gun that can control gravity. I know the technology in this other dimension is far more advanced than ours, we've been theorizing about it since Bryce proposed the idea.' he mentioned. 'But this uniform has a built-in system which allows us to breathe under the poisonous gas bombing. I highly doubt you have any equipment that will help you breathe.'

'The what?' Blake asked with a shocking look that matches mine.

'We don't have any equipment that will allow us to breathe under poison.' I said sadly. 'This just means that we really did need to get it. Where is it though?' 

'I've been monitoring their movements using my radar. They are 5 kilometers away, which is not far but these buildings make it harder to get there.' he responded. I looked at my watch-shaped Assistant and went through if I have something that allows us to pass through walls, just in case.

'What will happen to the soldiers if they don't have the uniform? They won't survive it, will they?' I asked concerned of the people we were about to abandon.

'Besides, how did they get far from us?' Blake asks. 'The shock should've kept them asleep for a long time.' 

'Their uniforms must've absorbed a lot of it. What they are wearing isn't simplistic. They have advanced full metal uniforms with advanced technology. The guns are no longer just bullets, they have special qualities. They made it look basic so the enemies won't suspect a thing. I have developed a gadget that makes a shield which can repel any elements and it doesn't allow anything other than Oxygen or Carbon Dioxide to enter under a 10-meter radius. They can use it to survive inside the bombing. We can't really use it because we have to move fast and it malfunctions if it moves faster than 10 m/s.' he said, waved and as he finished his statement, I found it.

'Guys hold on to me. My Assistant has fully developed a new mechanism. It allows us to pass through walls using Quantum Tunneling.' I said and pointed on my watch. 'Now hold on to me.' we allowed Dr. Williams to lead us. Being a 30-year old scientist who doesn't exercise enough, he sure is fast at sprinting. 

'I can't believe you still have your Assistant. This will make it easier to get to them.' Dr. Williams said with an amused look.

'When will they launch the bombs?' Blake asked as we pass through every wall that gets in our way.

'45 mins.'

'Why are they bombing the place anyway?' I asked.

'To kill off any intruders, like you.'

And then it hit me then. He really is trustable. He already has his uniform yet he is still trying to get to the other's just to get their uniforms for us. I really hope this doesn't backfire on us, I mean, before the incident of my transportation, we were really close friends.