Chapter 14 - Traveling through space

'Thank you, sir.' it responded. After a few moments, it is prepared to count down for blast off.

'Hurry up, okay? While you do that, I'll be working on the other materials. The result of this expedition will affect our home dimension. No pressure.' I said, I hope it succeeds. 'Good luck.' I added.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Blast off!

The space-ship enhanced Assistant blasted off. The ship is powered by a complex but compacted generator, that uses Solar Energy for power.

5 minutes later, it's exiting the Thermosphere and entering the depths of space. The PGA only works if you're relatively close, they are hoping that the planet, Persephone can do the trick.

It advances through space. Unfortunately, unlike the home dimension of Jack and the Assistant, space is relatively full of asteroids, lost comets, wandering meteors, and flying moons. There are a lot of obstacles on the way.

In about 50 ft away, there's an asteroid heading towards the ship's direction. 34 ft away to the left, there's a meteor. The ship evaded the two by firing out a ray of concetrated radiation. It ended up damaging one of a planet's moon.

I walk back to the laboratory where Blake is, just checking how she's doing. You never know how much stress she gets with this, no idea if she's getting tensed.

'You okay there, Blake?' I asked, while walking into the room.

'Yeah. I'm trying my best to keep myself together, at least I can say other you hasn't been doing much lately. He has been mild, for now.' she said. It calmed me down, knowing that our perp hasn't done anything major yet.

'We really should think of a name for other me, that phrase often confuses me.' I replied. I really don't always know if she is either talking about me or other me. I don't like getting accused all the time.

'Let's make it simple. JV 2 perhaps.' she suggested.

'Jack Version 2? Really?' I asked. What a basic name to give.

'Yeah. I said simple, didn't I?' she replied. True, she did make that clear.

'Well, I'll go back to work now. We should take our meals not simultaneous so we can keep doing work even if the other one is, perhaps munching.' I suggested. I hope she agrees.

'Okay. See you later, I guess.' she responded and I went back to the lab.

The ship advances through the medium of space. Obstacles are basically everywhere and it's not easy to pass through. The Assistant has this bright idea of shaping the concentrated radiation into a shield.

It had to multitask two tasks; destroy incoming debris and arrange the Atomic Structure of the Radiation which will be half-impossible because, well, Radiation is a photon.

Moments later, it was shaped and maintained for a short amount of time. It started running prototypes of it.

Prototype 1... fail.

Prototyoe 2... fail.

Prototype 3... fail.

Prototype 4... successful.

Now, it didn't have to destroy the incoming debris. It just has to watch out for the sides and the back. It just has to extend the shield into a 360° angle to entirely protect itself.

When the Assistant was monitoring the ship's back, it glances over the moon it hit earlier and it's raining down the planet. Without that planet's moon, it can make the planet itself dangerous. No gravity support, no blockade from incoming asteroids, and no light in the night.

Because the Assistant was made with AI Emotion and Feelings, it managed to sense that it shouldn't be left in that situation.

It processed that the Precise Gravity Absorber and figured out that it can make two independent forces. With it's current distance, it can work.

The Assistant fired out a ray of the PGA and separated 1/4 of the planet's gravity. It then pulled it out and aligned it outside of the planet's atmosphere where it's stable.

Piece by piece, the moon's debris came back and the moon is once again, stable, rotating around the planet.

The Assistant carried on, feeling ashamed of destroying it but relieved for saving it.

After a few hours.

It reaches the nearest planet, Persephone. It's still not close enough to absorb the Solar Flares but it can use the PGA. After letting the PGA cooldown, it reactivates again, ready to be used.

The machine worked, and with its job, it managed to amplify its attachment to the sun's gravitational force. Thus, making the process faster.

It's reaching the sun's surface yet the Solar Flares can't be seen. It flew over the sun, in search of a Flare. Hours later and one ejected out. Normally, Flares are common but it's different here.

It got its first one. It found more and gathered it. It flew around, two more batteries to fill. There it is, the last two. It flew past the two while absorbing them. It can no longer grab another one because the batteries are full and filling it up with more energy will make it blow up.

Suddenly, the PGA malfunctioned and the resistance disappeared and it continued towards the sun's core. Going closer can destroy it whole, it has to think fast but the heat is making its systems slower.

Realizing that the PGA can experimentally used in rapid succession, the Assistant fires up at Persephone and from there, to Earth.

With the experimental capabilities of the PGA, it's relatively slower, but in this way, the ship can go back safely.

Days and hours pass and it's nearing the Earth's atmosphere.

'Ship is now entering the atmosphere.' the Assistant said to Blake. It was loud that I managed to hear it as well.

'Great. Does it have the batteries filled with energy?' I asked while walking in the room with Blake.

'Yes, sir.' it responded. I can see Blake eating her meal. Must've sticked to the meal plan.

'Ship is now entering the building.' it said moments later.

'It looks like we have two of the materials listed done.' Blake said.