chapter two

lauren,

"guess what" hailey said when i got in the car.

"what?"

"shawn mendes and i are going out"

oh..

"oh wow that's-that's amazing, hailey. he asked you out?" i asked shocked.

i thought maybe he liked me.. what is wrong with me?? why would i ever start to think that.

he gave me his number, i guess he doesn't actually care. maybe i'm just the smart girl who gets good grades in his chemistry class.. or maybe he just feels bad for me because of all the horrible things samantha always calls me.

"i asked him tonight he said sure, so we're going out tomorrow night and i'm so excited! i mean he's really hot" she smiled.

"you like him?" i asked.

"i don't know. he's hot. did i mention?" she asked.

only like five thousand times, hailey.

"yeah you did" i chuckled and she started driving.

when she dropped me off, i said goodnight to my parents and walked to my room.

i sat on my bed and heard my phone ding, i was confused but picked it up to see who was texting.

shawn
hey lauren, it's shawn mendes. number 14 on the field.

it's shawn. but how did he get my number?

lauren
hey.. how'd you get my number lol'

shawn
Hailey gave me it. She thinks you're gonna help me plan our date tomorrow night

lauren
makes sense, that does sound like her.

shawn
How are you?

lauren
i'm good. how are you?

shawn
I'm amazing because i'm talking to a beautiful girl

OH MY GOD..

lauren
hailey??

shawn
No silly, you.

lauren
oh haha

shawn
Would like to go get breakfast with me in the morning? I can pick you up.

lauren
sure

shawn
Cool i'll come around 11
Good Night Lauren

lauren
goodnight, shawn.

*

i stretched my arms in the sky, as i woke up. it was morning now and then after a few moments of yawning, i remembered shawn is coming around eleven to pick me up for breakfast.

what time is it? i picked my phone up off my dresser and checked the time, it was 10:03

so i got up out of bed and started getting ready. i dressed in a white tank and jean shorts, i left my hair down naturally and then i walked downstairs where my parents were at.