chapter thirty seven

lauren taylor,

"morning," i said as i walked in the kitchen to get some coffee when i saw my new sister.

"hey," she smiled. "where's your boyfriend, it seems he never came back last night."

he didn't?

"i'm sure, he's fine. he's... you know he's shawn."

"lauren, i'm kinda of the expert at telling when something bothers someone and it's definitely bothering you. why are you so worried?"

"i..i don't know."  i mumbled. "because i love him,"

"he loves you too, i'm sure he was just visiting the guys from the team. you know catching up? probably just lost track of time. no need to worry... like you said, he's shawn."

"yeah," i mumbled as she walked out the kitchen and i stood there's freaking out on the inside. i pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted him a few times but he didn't respond

my mom and her new boyfriend walked in the room so i went to leave when she called my name. i turned around to face her.

"we're having a family dinner tonight with your aunt and cousins too. i would really appreciate it if you and shawn could be there. here tonight."

"why would i miss a family dinner?"

"i know how you feel about... i-i know you and samantha don't get along the greatest but me and-"

"we'll be there. and me and samantha don't have the greatest history but we both love you guys so we're trying. if you guys are happy together, we'll try too."

"thank you, baby." she smiled.

"yeah, whatever." i mumbled and walked out the kitchen when i heard the front door open and etched as shawn stumbled inside. i thought at first he was drunk but when he looked up at me and his face was bleeding and he had bruises all over.

"shawn, oh my god!" i exclaimed as i rushed over to him. he grabbed onto me so he didn't fall. "what happened to you?"

he looked at me, "i'm sorry, laur."

"what happened?" i asked him again. "i was worried about you."

"he found me," he said. "my dad."

i blinked a few times, taking in his words. his dad was in prison and as far as i knew never got out.

"what?" i asked, "i-i thought-"

"apparently he got out on hood behavior." shawn said. "i'm the one who turned him in."

"oh, my god." i mumbled and put my arm around him as i led him into the kitchen where my mom grabbed some bandages and first aid.

she helped me. i grabbed a wet paper towel and put it to wheee the blood was rolling down his cheek like tears.

he winced a little when i put it to his face. "sorry,"

he just closes his eyes tightly as i cleaned him up. he opened his eyes and looked at me and this time i saw a real tear rolled down his face so i glanced at my mom and samantha's father who walked out the room, leaving us.

"hey, it's gonna be okay."

"he's my dad, laur." he said. "i'm not supposed to get beat up by my own dad. that's not how it should be, it's not right. none of this is right. i hate this place."

i sighed and finished wiping his face.

"it's not right," i agreed with him. "but don't worry anymore about him. he doesn't deserve your thoughts or your tears, shawn. when we leave, we'll never come back because we don't need to. we just need each other, okay? we're gonna survive this because we love each other. because i love you, hold onto that and never forget it."

he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "i love you so much. i don't know what i ever did to deserve you."

i just smiled at him as i held his hand. that's when samantha walked in.

"what the hell happened to you?" she asked looking at shawn and glancing at me.

shawn let go of my hand and looked at her. "don't worry about me. i don't need it."

and with that, i watched as he stormed out the room quickly. i turned to samantha, who looked in his direction as he left.

she looked at me, "is be okay?"

"he will be, he has me." i said.

"yeah, of course he does." she said.

i started to leave when she said my name, making me stop.

i looked at her.

"shawn never told me things when we dated, he never opened up about anything including his family. he never invited me to his house but he did with you from the start. what you guys have, it's... well, that's real. shawn's an independent person but for some reason he can't seem to survive without you, lauren. so please know that i know that and i would never want to take that away from him. i do care about him but i realize that he loves you. i'll never come between you two. i learned that no matter how hard i try he'll always pick you so i'm not gonna try anymore. besides you, i'd rather have you as a sister than an enemy. i wouldn't do anything to ruin that."

i nodded my head, "okay, thank you."

and with that, i turned around and walked out the door where shawn went and saw him sitting on the door step so i sat down next to him and put my hand on his arm which made him flinch for a moment, but he relaxed when he saw me and gave me a little smile.

"shawn, i love you." i whispered.

"i love you, too. i'm sorry about that, i know you and trying or whatever with her-"

"you don't have to apologize nor do you have to like or care about her. i know the history there, i don't need an explanation."

he leaned his head on my shoulder and i put my arm around him. "i'll never let anything hurt you again, shawn."

he sighed, "i bought a ring,"

he lifted his head and looked at me, "i need to go do something."

he stood up, leaving me confused. i stood up as well, "w-what are you talking about?"

"lauren taylor, you are the love of my life and i want to spen the rest of my life with. i love you, i have always loved you so wait here. don't leave, just wait. i'll be back."

i just stood there speechless as he walked away from me. where the hell was he going?

***

hey guys! sorry i haven't updated in so long. i have had writers block so bad lately but i'm back and i promise to try to update as much as i can!! thank u for everyone that reads my stuff. i appreciate u more than i know <3

keep voting & commenting i love hearing your opinions and feel free to leave ideas as well !!

stay positive, luvs

- ry