chapter twenty one

lauren,

I grabbed my car keys and walked outside and unlocked my doors. I got in the drivers seat and started my car up. thats when i looked over in the passenger seat and i saw this blue basket sitting there.

it had a bunch of candy type things that were blue, I saw a paper under it, so I picked it up and read what it said.

something out of the blue because I love u

and then on the back it had shawn on it.

I smiled at this. I can't believe he did this. this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. kind is silly too but it's cute.

I took a picture of it and then I drove to school

when I got there, I walked in and saw shawn, Bryce, and Cameron talking.

me and shawn are not back together, we are just talking, and going slow. I told him I did love him but I still wanted a little space from him.

so we are on talking terms but not relationship terms.

I waved to hailey and blake and walked straight over to shawn.

Bryce looked worried but I just smiled.

"good morning, guys" I smiled at them.

"hey, morning" Cameron smiled

"morning" Bryce said confused.

i'm guessing shawn hasn't talked to them about what happened between us yet.

"shawn" I said looking at him

"hey" he said looking at me.

"come with me."  I said grabbing his hand and pulling him away from his friends.

"did I do something? or" he was confused.

we were now out of view of like everyone

where nobody was around so nobody could hear our conversation.

"the basket?" I asked him

"oh" he smiled. "did you like it?"

"yeah, it was cute but how did you even get it in my car?" I asked him

"I talked to your mom, I think she forgives me and she gave me your keys so I could put it in there" he smiled

"you're a dork and corny but I loved it" I smiled.

"good. I spent a lot of money but it doesn't matter as long as it made you happy" he smiled.

"okay. have a good day, maybe i'll even call you later" I said as I turned away from him

"wait" he said grabbing my arm

"what?" I asked but was smilling.

"I deserve to be kissed" he whined.

"I don't think so" I was joking.

"oh come on, lauren.. please?" he stuck out his lip.

"oh I hate when you do that" I said.

"that's why I do it" he chuckled.

"fine" I said with a smile and leaned in and kissed him

we pulled away soon.

"can I just say it?" he asked.

he was desperate to say I love you, I know he was.

"maybe later" I smirked and walked away.

"seriously, lauren?" I called after me but I could tell he was smiling.

I just smiled too.

i walked over to where blake was standing alone.

"now, i'm going to look like a loser because my own sister and cousin have boyfriends" blake said.

"i don't have a boyfriend, i'm all yours, b" i said.

"you have a shawn. pretty much like a boyfriend" he shrugged.

"you should get a girlfriend, then" i said.

"no thanks" he said.

"why not? you'd make the perfect boyfriend!" i smiled excitedly. blake has always been the type who does things alone and keeps to himself. he doesn't really talk to a lot of people or like to do group assignments or go out with girls. as far as i know, he's never even had a girlfriend before.

"i can't tell you why" he said.

"why? blake, you can tell me anything" i said.

"i haven't told hailey yet" he shrugged and looked away avoiding eye contact.

i looked at him for a few seconds trying to figure out what was bothering him and then i realized and looked at him while biting my lip and he looked back at me.

"lauren, i-"

i didn't say anything, i just reached forward and wrapped my arms around him.

i felt him sigh as he held onto me. we pulled away after a few minutes. "don't tell me. tell hailey"

he nodded. "thanks"