chapter twenty six

lauren,

i stood at my locker, with my heart breaking every second.

i didn't want to be here.

just three more days and i'll be gone.

i won't have to see shawn ever again.

i won't have to see samantha or anyone else.

ever again.

i can go to florida and be happy again.

away from canada.

i stood facing my locker with it open.

i heard people gasping behind me.

i didn't even care.

i looked through the mirror on my locker door and i saw jack standing at the doorway of the school.

it was the end of the day.

but what the hell is he doing here?

i spun around quickly and ran as fast as i could and jumped in his arms.

he picked me up and held me tightly as i cried in his arms.

"jack" i choked out.

"laur, im here" he whispered as he held me like he never wanted to let go of me.

he put me down after a few minutes and people were staring.

"lets get you out of here" he said and grabbed my hand.

i nodded, he grabbed my hand and took me out.

he had gotten a taxi here.

"your keys?" he said.

i dug in my pocket and handed him them.

and we got in my car.

but we didn't go anywhere.

"what happened? i've been calling you for days." he said.

"oh, god" i said running my hand through my hair.

"jack, it was all true. he-he.. i was a bet" i said.

"well he's a jerk for that and i am so sorry. he doesn't deserve you" jack said obviously angry.

"i'll be right back." he jumped out the car.

and i knew what he was going to do but i didn't have the energy to stop him right now.

it really hurts when you realize you aren't as important to someone as you thought you were.

it was suppose to be me and him against the world and now it hurts to breathe.

i wish it would stop.

i sat here in my car sobbing.

i looked in the console for something.

i picked my phone up and smashed the mirror above me.

i took a piece of the glass.

i need a distraction.

i took the glass and made a small cut on my wrist.

maybe this would make the loss of shawn in my life go away.

i wanted it to go away.

"hey, what the are you doing, lauren?" ian jumped back in the car and took the price of glass from me.

"it felt better" i said making eye contact with him.

"no, no, that is not the answer to this" he said grabbing my wrist and holding him as he looked at me.

"don't do that. please don't do that" he begged me.

"i'm sorry" i sobbed looking away.

"you don't have to be sorry. come here" he said and pulled me in his arms.

i just cried in his arms.

"help me" i whispered

i sat on my bed with my knees to my chest and couldn't take my mind off shawn. i missed him but i also hated him for putting me through so much pain. my heart ached. it felt a little better when jack was here. which he is now too.

he came closer and sat closer to me on my bed and he put his hands on my knees and looked me in the eyes.

"it's not worth it" he said.

i looked at him. "it is"

"no, lauren. he isn't worth it.. he isn't worth your tears. he doesn't deserve you and he never did"

"but he does" i said. "shawn deserved the world.. he deserved me but i never deserved him"

"that's not true" jack said.

"i just miss him" i said.

jack looked away when i said that like i knew he would.

"jack, i'm sorry" i whispered.

"don't be. it just sucks because yeah i really like you and i want you to be happy of course but i hate that you keep choosing him.. he keeps hurting you and one day it's gonna hurt bad and you're gonna hit rock bottom. i don't want that for. because i care about you so much, lauren"

"i'm in love, jack. it's different.. it's different when you're in love. i love shawn and i know he loves me too"

"you were a bet. he made a bet that he could get you to fall for him. you call that love?" he asked.

"no" i said. "no, not that"

"i don't-"

"i call the way he treated me since the first day.. and the way he looked at me and hugged me and told how everything would be okay when everything wasn't okay. the way he smiled at me when he saw me in that dress and how he would drop his whole life and come with me to florida because he can't be without me. i-i call that love, jack. my whole future is shawn and now-now it's just gone"

"i thought that what you're going through.. i-i though i could understand because of my ex but the truth? i-i can't. she cheated on me and it hurt but i wasn't in love with her. i don't know how that feels" he said.

"you're lucky because it hurts.. really bad. it feels like my heart.. just stopped beating and i-i can't move, i-i can't feel anything and i just want to breathe. i feel like i can breathe every second and if you've ever felt that.. that pain is the worst feeling in the world. my heart is broken into a thousand pieces and that's the worst feeling too." i said

"well you're not alone and i'll help you get better" he promised and i nodded.

"you still love him?" jack asked me and i looked at him.

"of course" i said. "you don't give someone the power to destroy you unless it's someone you love"

thank you guys so much for over 100 reads!! i appreciate it. i hope you guys like this book!
stay positive, luvvs <3