chapter twenty seven

lauren,

today is the day i graduate high school and i'm an emotional wreck.

i'm happy, im sad.

i'm everything. and i'm also missing shawn but i know that i want to see him and i would today and i would talk to him.

jack is out there sitting with my mom in the crowd so i'm happy he's here.

"okay are you ready for this?" hailey asked as me, her, blake and cameron were all in a group.

"i'm excited to see what life has in store.. for all of us" i said.

"i am too! and laur, you are going to be an amazing dancer! i'm so freakin proud of you!!" hailey exclaimed and hugged me.

"thank you, hailey" i said and we pulled away.

"blake, you'll be the best preschool teacher" hailey hugged him next.

he's a softie and loves kids. he still hasn't told hailey his little secret, i know. i just smiled at him and we were both thinking it.

"yeah and hailey?" blake said.

"yeah?" she smiled.

"i just want you to know something.. about me. i want you to know that i'm gay"

i just smiled.

hailey looked at me. "did you know?"

i shook my head. "no, she thought but she didn't know. i wanted you to know first" he told her.

she just smiled and hugged blake. "that is amazing, blakie. i love you!!" she exclaimed as she hugged him.

"i'm happy too" i said and joined in our their twin hug. we all had one big hug.

blake has always wanted to teach preschool and i think what life has in store will make him very very happy and i can't wait for it.

after they pulled away from the hug, she continued her speeches and turned to cameron who is her boyfriend and i have a good feeling about the two of them together.

"and cammy, you are going to travel the world and do great things, too. i love you so much" hailey smiled at him and they kissed.

and then hugged.

and it made me kind of sad, because of shawn.

made me miss shawn, i wanted to hug and kiss shawn. i knew i couldn't now.

i glanced over at him, but he was talking to bryce.

oh well. maybe if he was alone, i'd go see him.

"group hug!" hailey said and we all group hugged. again but it was okay because i think we all needed another group hug.

"i love you guys" hailey smiled.

"we love you too" blake said.

"okay, here are our graduates and class of 2018!" our principal announced.

he was calling out in alphabetical order.

"cameron king!" cameron walked across the stage and shook hands and got his stuff.

we cheered and clapped for him.

"shawn mendes!" i heard people cheer for him, but all i could do was look down at my feet.