chapter twenty four

lauren,

"yeah, jack. i got it." i said.

"i'm coming to find you wherever you are and i'm going to tackle you in a hug because i haven't seen you in a while, laur" he said.

"okay. i'm fine with that." i chuckled.

"i can't wait to see you, seriously." i smiled.

"me too. goodnight, lauren" he said.

"goodnight, jack." i said and hung up.

i always feel happy when talking to jack.

he made me feel happy always.

always happy. never sad. just happy. jack has made me happy since the day i met him.

"it's late" cameron said.

i turned around.

i was on the back patio or whatever where the beautiful view was.

"yeah, i was just talking to one of my college friends" i explained.

he came and sat outside.

"i couldn't sleep" he said.

"why not?" i asked him.

"i keep thinking about what's gonna happen to me and hailey once she goes to new york for college and i'm stuck here" he said.

"you guys are good together. you can make it through anything. i have faith" i assured him.

"yeah, it's just- it's a really long way. a lot of distance between us"

i looked at the ground. i didn't really know what to say.

"what's going on, lauren?" he asked me.

i looked up.

"what? nothing" i said. "i'm happy"

"i think i know you better than that, by now. you can tell me anything"

he's right.

"i love shawn.. so much. he makes me really happy. something i haven't been in so long." i started.

"but there's jack" i said looking at cameron.

"jack? lauren do you have feelings for jack?"

"no, no." i said. "i-i don't know.. i think it's more of he helped me when i was really sad so i feel like i should."

"you should figure that out" he said.

"i know. jack there for me, he stayed with me when shawn hurt me and maybe it's just that. that he's a good friend. i don't know but, it feels different now. i mean i love shawn, i do. i have feelings for shawn, and i know they're real because he's a great guy and he's amazing and he loves me and he makes me so happy. happier than anyone has ever made me before and i'm so scared of losing him. he's the love of my life" i said.

"but jack didn't break your heart" cameron said.

"yeah" i nodded and looked off into the dark sky.

"i'm just shawn's friend. i'm your friend too, laur. and if you don't want to be with shawn anymore, if you're scared that he's gonna hurt you, then i'll support your decision. i'll be on your side too" he said. "but you have to tell him.. you can't lie to him.

maybe that's the truth. maybe i'm scared of him hurting me.

because there's no way to tell.

"no, i want to be with shawn. i am with shawn. he's the love of my life and that tops any other feeling i feel for anybody else. shawn is the only guy out there for me. he's the only one i want." i said knowing how i really felt.

"okay" cameron nodded.

"i'm gonna try to sleep. you should too. night, cam" i stood up and walked in.

"night" he mumbled.

i walked in the room and saw shawn was fast asleep.

he's so adorable.

i love him so much. jack isn't even apart of this equation and he never will me.

there's no me and jack.

there's only a me and shawn.

i got in the bed quietly, and found myself falling asleep next to the guy i love.

it was now our third day in florida.

two more days of this nonstop fun.

today, we are going to this thing called the ripleys muesem believe it or not.

i've seen pictures and it looks pretty awesome so i'm excited.

right now, i am doing my hair and makeup.

"you don't need all that stuff" shawn said walking in.

i turned around, and put my hands on his shoulders.

"i know but i like it" i said.

"you look beautiful." he smiled and kissed me.

"thank you" i smiled at him and continued getting ready.

after i finished getting ready, we all left.

in the car, we listened to whatever songs were playing instead of using an aux.

i was laying on shawn and he was playing with my hair like he always does.