Chapter 1

Special thanks to @ZeroSkills and @BelleBoo13 for inspiring me to write this!

Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire are 3 orphans who have found themselves winded up in many unfortunate situations. From a reptile room 'accident' to a slippery slope. Each time they have dodged a disaster, another one appears. Beatrice Baudelaire, now 1 year of age, has already lost her dear mother and been trapped on a desert island. 

Klaus adjusted the black glasses falling off his nose, his chocolate brown eyes covered by the glass lenses. Klaus Baudelaire is now 15 years of age. Violet Baudelaire is 17, in less than one year she will come of age and inherit a large fortune left behind by her long deceased parents. Sunny Baudelaire is 3 years of age, she is now walking and her being very intelligent, she can already speak full sentences. Beatrice's head was coated in a thick layer of muddy brown hair. She had large green eyes and was wearing an outfit crafted by Violet and Sunny. Violet used her inventing skills to create a sewing machine and Sunny used her teeth to cut fabric. 

The Baudelaires were preparing to leave the island. Violet held baby Beatrice in her arms and stepped into a wooden boat, named Beatrice. Beatrice saw the name of the boat and clapped her hands together, making a loud gurgling sound.

"Happy Birthday Beatrice." Klaus smiled. Violet grinned back at him. Beatrice was giggling.

"I think she likes the boat." Violet chuckled, she moved her face towards the baby in her arms. "Do you like the boat Beatrice? Yeah? It's got your name on it!" Violet talked to Beatrice in her 'baby voice'. Beatrice smiled, showing her newly grown teeth and cried out.

"Violet, should we tell Beatrice about the time when you had a birthday in a submarine?" Klaus asked, smirking. Violet handed Beatrice to him and waved Sunny over. 

"Or about the Birthday you had in a prison?" Violet jokingly snapped back.

"Let's go!" Sunny groaned. Violet held her hand and helped her into the boat. They all sat down, Klaus held young Beatrice in his lap and bounced her up and down.

"Anyone know how to sail?" Violet asked for the thousandth time since these events started.

"I read a few books on sailing!" Klaus jokes. 

"We should go, the water is at the correct sailing level," Sunny retorted. 

"I agree," Violet said. "It's now or never!"

"Brrrrta!" Beatrice babbled. She was jumping up and down on Klaus, causing him to giggle. Klaus stood and handed Beatrice to Violet, whom sat down. Klaus gripped the sail and pulled it up. With perfect timing, a gash of wind hit the boat, causing it to sail. 

Sunny smiled with glee, "We're off!" The water was calm, the sail was peaceful.  It was relaxing, Beatrice fell asleep in Violet's arms. Sunny was looking through all the food supplies they had, and what she could make with them. Klaus was fiddling with the boat's sail. Violet was close to dozing off herself when she heard a slight rumble. The rumble caused her to bounce back up straight away. The rumble slowly got louder, Violet began to get scared.

"Klaus! Turn around!" Violet yelled, she saw a big black thing emerging out of the water in front of them.

"I don't know how!" Klaus yelled back.

"Turn the-" Violet was cut off by a large wave that hit the side of the boat, all the cans that Sunny was looking at knocked over making a loud clash as Violet screamed what to do.

"What!" Klaus shouted. Violet didn't have time to tell him, she needed to jump up and do it for him, but she couldn't with Beatrice on her lap. Violet lifted Beatrice and gave her to Sunny, she ran to where Klaus was standing but it was too late. The black thing emerging out of the water was fully emerged, it had huge tentacles. One of the tentacles was rimmed purple and it slammed down on the 'Beatrice' boat.