Chapter 10

"I'm 14 years old, I love animals, especially cats, I like to sing, I love books and I'm entering high school this year," Klaus was listening to the girl, he wanted to know more about her, she seemed nice.

"Well, I'm 15, I love books I haven't gone to school for around a year and I only have my siblings as family,"  

"What's your favourite animal?" Melody asked. 

"Cat, for sure," Klaus replied, Melody grinned. 

"Lexi! Lexi!" She yelled, a beautiful tortoishell cat ran up to Melody and purred.

"This is Lexicat! (Anything familiar there?)" Klaus bent down and patted the cat, she rubbed her head against his hand. Her collar rattling.

"She's so cute!" He paused, "and pretty," he added sheepishly. The cat wasn't the only thing he was directing that compliment to. Melody blushed slightly and continued the tour. 

"So this is the lounge room." She said, Lexicat still rubbing her head against Klaus. 

_________________________________________________________

It was night, and Klaus was sleeping in Melody and Hannah's room, Violet was with him.

"What do you think Violet?" He asked.

"They're nice, but I don't trust the two girls who first met us, they seem too nice," Violet responded.

"I like them," Klaus said, he narrowed his eyes at Violet and smiled to himself, Violet saw his smile.

"Klaus..." She said,

"What? I think they're nice!" 

"What about Charlie? Who took me on my tour,"

"She seems nice and fun," Klaus responded.

"What about Melody?" Violet pressed.

"She's... Nice, happy, shy, pre-" Klaus stopped.

"Just as I thought." Violet sighed.