Chapter 5

Thanks to @Dunclet for inspiring me!

"Well, well, well!" The Baudalaires stared in shock at the person whom answered the door, it was someone they hoped never to see again. It was Vice Principal Nero. He was grinning and looking down at the Baudalaires. "Come to get re-enrolled to Prufrock Preporatory School?" Violet was the first to speak.

"No we haven't, we'll be on our way now," She stepped down from the front porch but Nero gripped her shoulder. 

"No, no no! Of course you won't be leaving! I want to know why you were knocking on my door," he said through gritted teeth.

"We were looking to find somewhere to stay, we are homeless and tired so we decided to knock on doors and ask for help," Violet replied.

"You can come inside to my house! I'll keep you safe..." He said, too nicely. Klaus narrowed his eyes and nudged Nero's hand off Violet, holding Sunny in his other hand.

"No thank you, we'll be on our way now!" Nero glared at Klaus and snatched Beatrice from Violet's hands.

"Well, if you're sure!" He used his foot to shut the door, trapping Beatrice inside with him.

"Beatrice!" Violet and Klaus cried. Nero didn't open the door. Violet tugged at the doorknob, no luck.

"He locked it!" Violet exclaimed.

"We have to get Beatrice back from Nero! He made us do all those terrible things in Prufrock Prep, who knows what he'll do to baby Beatrice!" Klaus said, worry in his voice. Violet stepped back onto the porch and knocked at the door, harder, with anger in her glare. Nero opened the door, Beatrice wasn't in sight.

"Can I please have my sister back?" She demanded. 

"Why? I was thinking that she could massage my feet and back! Then she could shave my face! And I need someone to clean my house too!" Violet looked at him with disgust.

"She's a baby!" Klaus protested.

"We'll do it!"