Chapter 25

"Violet?" Violet looked up to see a gloomy Isadora looking up at her. It had been another week. Violet grumbled in return. "I-I have an idea," Violet shrugged.

"Lets hear it." 

"Melody will call the police, screaming that her brother's been kidnapped, they wont recognise her at all and ask for a photo, she will cry and say her brother Caleb has been stolen, she will show a picture of Klaus and claim that he was often mistaken for Klyde. The police will have to give Klaus back!" Isadora was practically jumping with excitement. Violet nodded.

"That might work," 

"Melody's tune, while pleading so well, will get us back Klaus all this I can tell!" Isadora recited. 

"Was that off the top of your head?"

"No, it took me an hour to decide," The two burst out laughing and wen to find Melody.

•••••••••••

"No," Melody said stubbornly, her arms crossed.

"No?" Violet asked. "But he's your... boyfriend...!"

"Not anymore." Isadora shared a confused glance with Violet. "I dont like him anymore. He broke up with me before music camp."

"Why?" 

"I dont know. He said it didn't feel real." 

"And..?"

"I slapped him in the face, and made a new best friend." She replied. Isadora shook her head. 

"Why?"

"Because I did, one of you two will have to do it, me and my family are kicking you out in two weeks." 

"Melody!" 

"Don't call me my name. I dont want to hear YOUR voice anymore." Quigley came out of the kitchen with a cake on a plate. 

"Quigley cut a slice!" Isadora yelled. Quigley grumbled back into the kitchen. Isadora, Violet and Melody glared at each other. Quigley came back out. He was such an idiot. He has cut a slice of the caramel cake and left the slice on the table, taken the rest of the cake and sat on the couch. He had a spoon and started eating.

"Pig," Violet snorted. 

Melody followed Quigley and sat on the couch. She grabbed the other spoon and started eating the cake, Quigley wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Melody turned on the tv and they started watching 'A Series Of Unfortunate Events' on Netflix. Isadora sighed.

"That's the only Tv show he watches."